Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote Central Locking And Boot

James S

HELP! Can anyone shed any light on a problem i'm havign with my Lex.

Since I bought the car (before xmas) i've been meaning to get it back to garage to have to remote central locking sorted. But haven't had the time to get it back.

Non of the three keys I got with car will open the door locks or boot catch.

Have thought recently if it might be a fuse thats blown, and keys all have batteries in. But un-sure where the fuse is, have had a quick scout round the three fuse boxes! LOL!

Anyone know the location of of the parts that might have failed???

Also the drivers door lock only opens the drivers door, and not all the car. But the central locking button on the inside of the drivers door works fine.

Any help would be greatfully received! Cheers

For the programming method above to work, one of your keys needs to work - you need a working key to program another. As none of your keys work, that method won't help you.

As above, first thing to do is change all the batteries. Even if the little red light comes on, doesn't mean it's strong enough to open the car (as I found a while back!)

Also, when you lot with working remotes put your key in the drivers door, does it un-lock just drivers door or all four??????

Should just be whichever door you unlocked............

Has this not been working since you bought the car? Or has it developed later?

If not will just have to live with it for the moment I think. :(

I wouldn't if it's been like this since you bought the car, plus I wouldn't want to have the car's alarm permanently disarmed (would also technically need to tell your insurance company that it's not alarmed)

Hope the batteries sort it though :)

Batteries haven't sorted it. Trouble is I work miles away from where I live and can't get any time off, so leaving car at garage is not an option.

Might have to get a aftermarket alarm fitted.

Thanks for all help people. :)

Mate iv got the same problem with mine. Iv only had it a couple of weeks i got mine what i would call cheap for a is200 se and this has been the only problem i have found so far. I have changed the Battery and tryed to re-programe it but with no luck so far. I think its got something to do with the sensor in the car or just a simple fuse for the circuit which controls this. Shall we see who solves it first? LOL

Yes mate, will let you know if i manage to solve the puzzle.

Taking mine into Lexus to have cam-belt done in a couple of weeks, going to attempt to twist their arm into them having a look.

Will keep you posted. :)

• 1 month later...

Well, think I am close to solving this problem.

Last week, took it down to local auto- electrions, to have it checked out. As on the phone they quoted £30-60 to have it working again.

But after a few hours they called to say they couldn't find the fault, and that a dealer needed to program the key.

So just been down to Lexus Leeds to have the key programed. :angry: And suprise suprise, they said its not the key!

But said that the computer was saying there is a problem with the drivers door, either wiring or actuator.

(Also got told off, because I was using race brake pads! LOL!

So rather then pay the £100 an hour for lexus to further diagnose the problem, got a different indipendant garage having a look on friday.

Have had a quick look behind the door card myself, and can't see much in the workings of the central locking. Anyone any experience with this?

Far as I can make out the drivers control panal could be possibly at fault or the drivers door lock motor???

James

Some diagrams and info on the central locking is in the online manual here and here, including detailed troubleshooting/diagnostic procedures. The links I have posted are for pre-2001-update cars.

The remote locking is detailed here, here and here.

Thanks mate, looks like its going to take some brain power to sort this out. :whistling:

I could have said previously that it wasn't the key, but I failed to pick up on it myself, as I had a new key cut and what is relevent by this is that although the blade unlocked the door and fitted the boot/ignition, the fob needed to be programmed to start the car, and as u haven't mentioned the car not starting, it suggested your fobs were fine...

I could have said previously that it wasn't the key, but I failed to pick up on it myself, as I had a new key cut and what is relevent by this is that although the blade unlocked the door and fitted the boot/ignition, the fob needed to be programmed to start the car, and as u haven't mentioned the car not starting, it suggested your fobs were fine...

Yeah, at least I know that that they are fine. Would have been crap to rip all the door out and central locking system and then find it to just be the key! :)

I have a good source for send hand parts, I might just order the drivers door lock system and motor from them.

Least I know where to consentrate my search, Lexus want about £100 an hour to sort it, felt like asking if i could pay them £50 an hour to use there workshop!

Could have it sorted in 20mins if I could LOL!

James