Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wobbly Wheel From Wim

Hi guys just a quick question, since my wimage, i have notice a progessivly worse vibration on my steering wheel between 50 and 60 miles an hour, perfectly fine below and above but during those 10 miles an hour i get vibrations, nothing serious but im not keen on it, i've been trying to think if i've hit any pot holes but im sure i'd remember, is this a side effect of the new geometry?

I had that when i had a seized front caliper. Steering wheel would wobbly like crazy between 40-50, but goes away when above and below them speeds. The seized caliper also caused the front disc to warp which is main contrubution to the wobbly steering wheel. Worth checking if the calipers are hot after a 10 minute drive. But becareful the caliper can get very very hot if its seized. If everything is fine, then get WIM to check again for balance.

Vibration that you can drive through (i.e. it stops above a certain speed) - sounds like wheel balancing.

I'd get down to wim and explain the symptom and have them check it out.

But sticky caliper is another option to check out - check for heat or excessively more brake dust on one of the front wheels that the other.

Could be a wonky tyre as well ... i thought there was something serious wrong with my car, but all the symptoms went anyway with just replacing the front tyres...

It's definitely nothing that was done at WIM that's causing it .... ;)

I paid 80 each for mine, with the old ones traded in, there were shiny ones,

only problem was the company were not able to refurb the old ones as there were too far gone, so my local car shop is trying to re-coupe the money back off me, or get them another set of calipers lol