Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Eninge Bay Got A Clean!

Tom-18

Hey guys havent really been on here much since i got my new lex. So decided to give her a quick wash and polish and tidy up some lose ends in the engine bay!

Got a Vacuum filter for the BOV so fitted that along with a new "O" ring as it was split and leaking boost! now its nice and snug! Put the Air Temp sender inline with the Inlet so it actually does tell my car the real temp going into the inlet :D

Fitted my Induction kit, which i got from Prolex.

And with my Jr Hacksawing skills managed to get the standard airbox and intake covers back on. Trying to keep the engine bay looking as OEM as possible.

Some pics so far, any comments good or bad welcome!

ChargerInduction.jpg

InletBOV.jpg

Pulley.jpg

Enginebay.jpg

Vacuum.jpg

FrontEnd.jpg

Tom.

I also managed to temporarily finishd my I-Pod Doc with the use of the Grom Audio Adapter so i can still use the Stanard Headunit. I will remove it at a later date to remove the tape so i can fibreglass it and paint it so it looks like it should always be there.

I-PodDoc.jpg

I-Pod.jpg

What it looks like from inside! Also with the TRD gear nob! :)

And finally some pics of the car!

MyBaby.jpg

DriversRear.jpg

Passengerside.jpg

Rear.jpg

Tom.

my engine bay needs a really good clean, ideas on best way around doing this?

think the problem was in the winter silly amounts of salt spray off the roads got inside the engine bay.

WD40 on all the plastics etc and rub off with a cloth - brings it all up an absoloute treat!!!

That engine bay look's sweet! I'm suprised everyone else with superchargers don't put the old panels back in to cover everything up cos without them the engine isn't a exactly pretty sight and looks even more of a mess with all the modded bits everywhere. Style and substance... i like it. B)

ChargerInduction.jpg

Enginebay.jpg

Looks nice mate but that big metal superdooperwoopercharger thing just doesnt look right so i have been having a long hard think about this and i have come up with an idea !

Ill give you a fiver as i dont care how my car looks under the bonnet (ill be waiting on your PM biting my hand off )

In all seriousness though mate it looks beautiful im very jealous .

Cheers for the nice comments!

Abbott - Sorry i think £5 is a bit too much i mean im not a greedy person lol. She does look a bit unsightly tho so shes gettin painted soon, alone with the pipes and a bigger intercooler........ ;)

breet - I just used the Grom Audio Adapter.

The link is here for the adapter Clicky

The link for how to install Clicky

But i also have a Sub + Amp in the boot which i wired off the standard amp as i like the OEM headunit ;)

Steviewevie - Yeh i cover the airfilter but other than that just dont get too close to anything that has electricals inside.

Tom.

That engine bay look's sweet! I'm suprised everyone else with superchargers don't put the old panels back in to cover everything up cos without them the engine isn't a exactly pretty sight and looks even more of a mess with all the modded bits everywhere. Style and substance... i like it. B)

because to do that you need to use an induction kit and it makes a huge amount of noise, you also loose the benefit of a "old" air feed with the induction kit

because to do that you need to use an induction kit and it makes a huge amount of noise, you also loose the benefit of a "old" air feed with the induction kit

I like the more noise personally.... not to everyones taste i know but meh.... tis my car :D

Tom.