Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Disarm The Alarm, Do We Have Interior Sensors?

Hi guys, had my car for nearly 2 years, and yesterday was the first time my parents dog has been in the car. Cos we were only taking him for a walk i just covered all the back seats with a blanket and left. On the way to the beech my dad wanted to pop into b&q, sothe dog was on his own in the car. I didn't know how to disarm the alarm so I left in unlocked while I popped into b&q. When we got to the beech the car park was quiet so I thought Id try and see if the alarm would go off with the dog in the car, cos I wasn't sure if we had interior sensors.Well it did,so I tried sitting in i while it was locked and it went off when I moved. Is there a way to disarm the interior sensors. I know my dads Omega has a button on the dash, but I can't see anything in the lex, and I can't find the manual. Im not that bothered if its not possible cos I don't intend leaving the dog in my car again, I was too paranoid about him scratching the leather, lol, but would be good to know.

Cheers

Gazza

oh feck me here we go again............

all depends what year your car is 1st gen model press the lock button and indicators flash 5 times - interior sensor off and no deadlocks

after face lift model - no idea on interior sensors but there are about 20 post on the same subject sprawling into at least 3 or 4 pages each - best use the search for double locking

oh feck me here we go again............

all depends what year your car is 1st gen model press the lock button and indicators flash 5 times - interior sensor off and no deadlocks

after face lift model - no idea on interior sensors but there are about 20 post on the same subject sprawling into at least 3 or 4 pages each - best use the search for double locking

forget searching through threads, just go and try it with the car best way to work it out

Assuming that because you have a styling kit it's a post 2001 car, then to disarm the interior sensors open driver's door, then lock and unlock the car using the switch on the door 5 times.

I think the security light flashes or something to confirm this, and then it's disarmed.

Forgot to say my car is an '03. I just went out and tried what it says in the post i found after searching. I pushed it once and it locked, pushed again it double locked, then pushed a third time to disarm sensors but it didn't work. Was that the disarm sequence for earlier cars? Im confused, i think its just better to not put the dog in the car, from now on Il take the girlfriends fiesta, it hasn't got interior sensors,lol.

Cheers

Gazza

Forgot to say my car is an '03. I just went out and tried what it says in the post i found after searching. I pushed it once and it locked, pushed again it double locked, then pushed a third time to disarm sensors but it didn't work. Was that the disarm sequence for earlier cars? Im confused, i think its just better to not put the dog in the car, from now on Il take the girlfriends fiesta, it hasn't got interior sensors,lol.

Cheers

Gazza

It's what I said above mate, the double press on the keyfob is for pre 01 cars.........

I've seen these kind of posts before, but before i knew about it i always thought that the first press of the lock on the key is locking door, with no alarm. A second press of the key is deadlock also with secruity alarm. So i've always believed that second lock is best, but apparantely not! After reading a few posts about it and scratching my head a bit i think my 2001 lexus is the otherway round, one press to lock it and set alarm, second press locks door and disables alarm. Don't tell me theres also a third press of the key LOL. One fact i've never worked out is how to open the lexus door using the key without the alarm going off! Infact i want to get the facts right now by asking the relevent question as simple as possible :-

I have a 2001 lexus is200 (It's "platinium ice" incase different coloured lexus have different locking systems lol) so...rob (yes you, you know you want to anwser these lol!)

1) What happens when i press lock button once?

2) What happens when i press lock button the second time?

3) What happens when i press the lock button for the third time?

4) What is deadlock?

5) How to open my lexus drivers door using the actual key in the lock without the alarm going off?

I will be able to sleep when the above questions are answered lol

As your car is a 2001 it's a bit tough as you're at the cut off, what happens when you press the lock button twice? Do you get 5 flashes of the indicators, or no flash?

Btw, the third press does nothing.......

Just went out to test it...

One press - indicators flash once and locking sound.

Two presses - No indicator flash with locking sound.

Third press - does the same as two presses.

Then you have a later car, do what I said above about locking and unlocking the car 5 times using the internal switch on the door - this will disable the interior sensors.

Just went out to test it...

One press - indicators flash once and locking sound.

Two presses - No indicator flash with locking sound.

Third press - does the same as two presses.

1) What happens when i press lock button once?

2) What happens when i press lock button the second time?

3) What happens when i press the lock button for the third time?

4) What is deadlock?

5) How to open my lexus drivers door using the actual key in the lock without the alarm going off?

Judging from what you said in the first bit, to answer your questions :

1) It locks the car and enables the interior sensors

2) It deadlocks the car

3) Nothing ?

4) Deadlocking is where you can't open the doors from the inside using the handle. So if someone smashes the glass then reaching in and trying the handle isn't going to do anything

5) Don't know for sure, but I don't think you can unless you locked the car using the key (not the remote in the first place)

5) Don't know for sure, but I don't think you can unless you locked the car using the key (not the remote in the first place)

Yep can't be done unless the alarm wasn't activated in the first place - the alarm is controlled by the remote, not the key.

Can't see the point in using the key when there's a remote though, unless it stops working of course. The solution there is to open the car, jump in and start the engine, think the alarm stops after 30 seconds or so.

Thanks for that (sorry for hi-jacking the thread Garath) Stevie and parthiban for clearing it up because i want to be certain that i am locking the car up properly overnight and am sure every one of us do!

The reason why i ask about using the key in the actual key slot is because there was one time that my keyflob wouldn't unlock the car and from experience i knew the alarm would go off so if i'd tried unlock the car manually using the key. I didn't want the alarm going off and everyone thinks im stealing the car lol. In the end i ended up calling a m8 for a lift and back again with a second key and found the first key worked again straight away and even to this day a year later (a long time ago) and it's still working?!!? I had tried the keyflob in all direction of the car, from a distance and close up, but it would not work, So it's a strange one.

So when you say the alarm will not go off if you use the key manually in the keyslot to lock the doors in the first place, which makes sense (will try this out). But now have a new question. If you lock the car using the keyslot what is the equivalent in terms of the keyflob presses, as it sound like 2 presses as it would lock the car, but no indicator flashes. So from this, if i had someone or a pet dog etc in the car it' best to lock the car using the keyslot so the interior alarm would not be activated, but then it will also stop the person from getting out if they wanted to? It's just a question i know some lexus owners would like to know as they may have a small child or have pet dogs in the car. myself personally i don't lock the car up at all if i have someone in the car (no point) and i would not let a dog wild in my parked car lol. The last time i had an animal in the car was when i had to take the cat to the vet and it somehow got out of it's cage (it did not like being in a cage lol).

No probs mate :)

Yep I've never tried this, but I believe that if the fob fails, if you open with the key and then start the engine, the alarm stops in 30 seconds. Any radio interference (even wifi) can block the remote signal so this could be why it didn't work that one time.

You need to think of the key and the fob as completely separate entities. The keyfob activates the whole security system, the actual key only operates whichever individual lock you put the key in (i.e. driver's door, passenger door or bootlid.......nothing else). Therefore there is no equivalent between key presses on the fob, and using the key manually in the lock.

So if you lock something in the car using the key, you first need to bear in mind that the key only locks the driver's door, so you'll first need to hit lock on the internal switch to lock the other doors, and then shut the door and lock the driver's with the key.

However, this means that the car is not alarmed at all, so if someone smashes a window, the alarm will not go off.

The alternative is to disable the interior sensors (using the 5 times lock/unlock method) and then lock with the keyfob, ensuring you only click lock ONCE (don't activate deadlocks in case someone needs to get out, if it's a pet this doesn't really matter I guess). This way the car remains alarmed.

I don't think you can activate the deadlocks using the key in the lock so this isn't an issue.

Thanks for clearing everything up guys. How do you know if the 5 times on the switch thing has worked? Does the security light flash or anything?

I couple of months ago I needed new tyres so I left my car outside my local garage had opened, having left the spare keythere the day before. Thing is I then have a phone call when I get to work saying they couldn't open the car cos the fob Battery had died. And out of habit I had deadlocked the car so he couldn't open the car with the key, only open the boot, which was useless cos the alarm went off any he wouldn't have been able to climb through. Luckily he managed to get hold of a new Battery and it was sorted. So what happens if I'd was away from home, with a dead fob or car Battery, would there be no way of getting in.

Thanks again

Gazza

Just had a look in the manual to check, and sorry been misleading you need to do the lock/unlock thing 3 times, not 5 :blush:

Never actually tried it, but I think the security light does something - the manual doesn't say anything so I guess the easiest way is to just try it out and see what happens.

I'm sure you must be able to open the car with the key even if it's deadlocked? Might have to give that a go at some point........