Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is200tt Project

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you rebuilding the engine, or dropping in a known good one?

If you can keep the 'box that is a bonus really, I think the close ratio IS box will help keep the turbos on boost better although LexusIS200sam will be able to tell me if I am reight. I also think yours will be able to handle more power than mine before internal upgrades are necessary, must be a good thing as this will keep the reliability intact over 300HP.

I can't wait to see all these vehicles in the flesh and up the pod!!

You run through the gears very quickly, Really could do with a longer ratio box in mine but with the short bursts of duel carriage ways here its perfect. Mines quite a low down power car, Peak torque is at 3.5K RPM with the VVTi stepping up not long after it. You find yourself in 6th at the redline very fast and it defently wants to go more.

What sort of boost you hopping to run stav?

haha!!

i cant wait to see the power output compared to how ive gone about doing mine as im currently running a bar with a estimated 330bhp flywheel power (280rwhp)... i remeber they done a run at 1.2bar and it made around 360bhp estimated flywheel power. (310rwhp)

you wont be disapointed mate i promise you!

You fitting a bigger fuel tank Stav :lol:

I went past where Silverline Racing is yesterday about 12 miles from me mate, so if you need anything sorting and cant get down give me a shout and i'll see if i can help out in any way :D

:offtopic: Think i might have another fog unit to play with mate, But going to pop over and get some new mesh as i'm not happy with the other bit i have :winky:

You fitting a bigger fuel tank Stav :lol:

I went past where Silverline Racing is yesterday about 12 miles from me mate, so if you need anything sorting and cant get down give me a shout and i'll see if i can help out in any way :D

:offtopic: Think i might have another fog unit to play with mate, But going to pop over and get some new mesh as i'm not happy with the other bit i have :winky:

:offtopic: fantastic mate thanks.

And your bit is at silverline so we'll sort out collecting that at somepoint.

How are things going with this? One thing that was bothering me, if this 1G-GTE is effectively the same block as the 1G-FE (but an older incarnation), then why didn't they put it in the IS200 when it's got so much more power! I guess it could have been a fuel economy thing (is that what FE stands for?)..........but even then the IS200 was never great on fuel :lol:

This is probably going to be a dumb question among this crowd, but why does the single turbo offer the option of more power than a twin turbo setup?

Here you go mate:

A Valvematic variable lift intake head

B Twin SU-style side-draft carburetors

C Carburated / California Emissions Controlled

D Twin Downdraft carburetors

E Electronic Fuel injection

F Economy narrow-angle valve DOHC

G Performance wide-angle valve DOHC

H High compression like 9.8:1 (example: 5E-FHE)

High pressure charged (example: 2L-THE)

I Single-point fuel injection

J Autochoke (Early models) or unknown pollution control

L Transverse

M Philippines' market (meaning unknown)

N CNG fuel

P LPG fuel

R Low Compression (For 87 and below octane fuel)

S Swirl intake (1980s)

SE Direct injection (1990s)

T Turbocharged

U With Catalytic converter Japan-spec emissions

V Common Rail Diesel Injection (D-4D)

X Atkinson cycle (typically also indicates a Hybrid engine, as Toyota only uses the Atkinson cycle with hybrids)

Z Supercharged

These apply to the letters at the end.

The 1G is the family name.

Its just easier to get more power from a big single setup than bigger twins. but something i will be looking into as i love the sound of "IS200 Twin Turbo" :lol:

Cheers Stav, that clears it up a bit.........although if the 1G-FE is the economical version how bad is the GTE on fuel! :P

Still think there should have been a 'T' in the engine name for the IS200 :whistling:

Does that also mean that you could simply bolt on the turbos from the GTE onto the FE (obviously with a little extra work involved) or is it not as simple as that?

Fair enough, so other than the work involved, using larger twin turbos would still give you the same potential for power, while also give you a more even power delivery?

Cheers Stav, that clears it up a bit.........although if the 1G-FE is the economical version how bad is the GTE on fuel! :P

Still think there should have been a 'T' in the engine name for the IS200 :whistling:

Does that also mean that you could simply bolt on the turbos from the GTE onto the FE (obviously with a little extra work involved) or is it not as simple as that?

Fair enough, so other than the work involved, using larger twin turbos would still give you the same potential for power, while also give you a more even power delivery?

No you cant unfortuantly, cause while they share nearly the same block, the head is quite a bit different (alloy vvti one on the IS200), and the exhaust ports are very different.

on the GTE they're grouped in twos and on the IS quite evenly spread.

I think price has something to do with the larger single as well. but its something i'm sure ill find out soon enough,

Stav

il tell you how poor lol! where as the needle goes all the way too 0mpg it probley does about 9mpg.... put it this way i drove back from liverpool to milton keynes(about 170 miles) which emptied the tank from filled to the brim! and it was quite lesuire driving

il tell you how poor lol! where as the needle goes all the way too 0mpg it probley does about 9mpg.... put it this way i drove back from liverpool to milton keynes(about 170 miles) which emptied the tank from filled to the brim! and it was quite lesuire driving

Thats harsh!!

Lucky for me the 3SGTE is not as fuel hungry :whistling: the Celica GT4 tuned to 300BHP in a similar way mine will be, can get as much as 28MPG (if you believe the forums)and thats with 4WD losses which are quite a bit.

Any car with 300+ BHP is going to be hungry, it is the price to pay for the little pleasures in life.

• 2 weeks later...

Will see tomorrow, going to see the car,

dont think they're will be much though as he's had problems with another customer.

Still looking good for first/second week of April though.

Stav

About a bar on standard tubbies, though may be going single a bit quicker than i thought if i can find a little extra cash ;)

i've given him my 550cc's that i was gonna use on the FE to use with the GTE.

Stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links