Here you go mate:

A Valvematic variable lift intake head

B Twin SU-style side-draft carburetors

C Carburated / California Emissions Controlled

D Twin Downdraft carburetors

E Electronic Fuel injection

F Economy narrow-angle valve DOHC

G Performance wide-angle valve DOHC

H High compression like 9.8:1 (example: 5E-FHE)

High pressure charged (example: 2L-THE)

I Single-point fuel injection

J Autochoke (Early models) or unknown pollution control

L Transverse

M Philippines' market (meaning unknown)

N CNG fuel

P LPG fuel

R Low Compression (For 87 and below octane fuel)

S Swirl intake (1980s)

SE Direct injection (1990s)

T Turbocharged

U With Catalytic converter Japan-spec emissions

V Common Rail Diesel Injection (D-4D)

X Atkinson cycle (typically also indicates a Hybrid engine, as Toyota only uses the Atkinson cycle with hybrids)

Z Supercharged

These apply to the letters at the end.

The 1G is the family name.

Its just easier to get more power from a big single setup than bigger twins. but something i will be looking into as i love the sound of "IS200 Twin Turbo" :lol:

some good extra info there...stav

just to make it clearer for those that don't fully understand........

1 Block generation

G Engine family

F Narrow valve head

E Electronic fuel injection

and on the turbocharged cars....

G wide angle valve head

T Turbocharged

E Electronic fuel injection

i copied the info over from my piece on another topic where i went into a bit more detail

GE/GTE Topic............

• 3 weeks later...

Small update,

car *should* be ready in about a week and a half, touch wood,

not an easy swap as first thought. For some strange reason Toyota used the same block for the FE but changed how the engine mounts attach to the block, so custom mounts had to be made.

though now keeping the six speed. The engine, box, and new lightened prop are all in and fitted, just fitting the aircon back (thats different as well) and the crank trigger needs machining but should just be wiring and exhaust then.

will get some pics up when my mans sent me them.

Just ordered two fresh tyres as well for the back. Gone for some Toyo T1R's.

Stav

Small update,

car *should* be ready in about a week and a half, touch wood,

not an easy swap as first thought. For some strange reason Toyota used the same block for the FE but changed how the engine mounts attach to the block, so custom mounts had to be made.

though now keeping the six speed. The engine, box, and new lightened prop are all in and fitted, just fitting the aircon back (thats different as well) and the crank trigger needs machining but should just be wiring and exhaust then.

will get some pics up when my mans sent me them.

Just ordered two fresh tyres as well for the back. Gone for some Toyo T1R's.

Stav

A week and a half, bet you cant wait :lol:

I know I cant wait to see your car mate once its finished.

And like has been said above, would also like to see some pics of the work.

A week and a half, bet you cant wait :lol:

I know I cant wait to see your car mate once its finished.

And like has been said above, would also like to see some pics of the work.

Its not so bad the wait cause like i said i'm in Scotland till then anyway. cruising around in a diesel Astra, fuels all paid for though so its been getting some stick round the lanes around North berwick and Dunbar.

Stav

Nice one matey, Really looking forward to seeing this now (not as much as you though, i know :lol: )

When i saw the cars that Silverline Racing had in, you could tell he knew what he was talking about and good to know a local place that can do this sort of work, :winky:

Will Steve get it on some rollers mate before you pick it up or are you sorting that when ready? Be interested in who he'll use if he does wouldnt mind seeing how mines running now its got the sc fitted? :)

Nah he doesnt put it on the rollers mate, he maps it on the road, so he maps it so it drives well.

However there is a rolling road day with my local place (TEG sport) your more than welcome one that. Its on the 2nd of May.

Link to place here: http://www.tegsport.co.uk/

Stav

Nah he doesnt put it on the rollers mate, he maps it on the road, so he maps it so it drives well.

However there is a rolling road day with my local place (TEG sport) your more than welcome one that. Its on the 2nd of May.

Link to place here: http://www.tegsport.co.uk/

Stav

Shame its on the 2nd May I work every Sat, otherwise I would have brought mine down :winky:

Had a few problems yesterday after i posted.

The Lexus Rad is goosed, so have to order a new one of them, not a problem just added Cost :(

Back tyres are bald so need to get him some new ones before on the road mapping (dont want him getting points lol). Ordered them from Camskill though, £180 for two Toyo Proxy T1R's in 225/40/R18 including delivery! excellent price.

Also the Oil cooler i got from prolex wont fit on top of the Prolex-uk Intercooler, so gonna have to get a different sized one of them. (not a problem cause the original one is unused so can put that back on Ebay) unless someone else wants it?

But hopefully all these new bits should be here wednesday (bloody bank holiday) then we should be back on track.

The moneys sat in my bank ready to pay for the job, roll on a week Tuesday i hope.

Stav

Nice one mate, one thing i like about that engine is how it looks :D

I'd have a major polishing session on it if i was having one fitted :lol:

Which exhaust you having on it mate? i know your having custom through to the backbox then which backbox mate or you having a custom made to suit?? :unsure:

Which exhaust you having on it mate? i know your having custom through to the backbox then which backbox mate or you having a custom made to suit?? :unsure:

Yeah that what i though mate, the turbo cover at least, and just clean up the two intake pipe, dont want them shiny just clean.

As for the exhaust its a full custom job front to back, 2.5" to 3" adaptor at the entrance (as the twins are only 2.5" outlet) then 3" right through to custom back box. The system needs to be 3" for when i go Single (the adaptor will be removed then). All in full 316 Stainless. cant wait.

Stav

Yeah that what i though mate, the turbo cover at least, and just clean up the two intake pipe, dont want them shiny just clean.

As for the exhaust its a full custom job front to back, 2.5" to 3" adaptor at the entrance (as the twins are only 2.5" outlet) then 3" right through to custom back box. The system needs to be 3" for when i go Single (the adaptor will be removed then). All in full 316 Stainless. cant wait.

Stav

The intakes will only need something like a soap filled brillo pad to clean up mate, and shouldnt make them shiny but nice and clean looking :)

Should sound pretty good then mate, B) Tempted to go for a custom setup on mine, manifold through to the backbox but try and keep the veilside tailpipe as i love the sound of it :)