Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Slick 50 In Gearbox

My IS200 had a service today, I had the gearbox changed and got some Slick 50 in there too.

I'm surprised to say it's made a bit of a difference actually, the box is still notchy but it is easier going into second, the crunch has gone which is good because that was starting to annoy me.

Has anyone else tried this? What I don't know is how much difference the additive made, maybe some fresh oil on it's own would have helped the same. Either way I'm quite pleased.

Thinking of a K&N panel filter next :)

I've got that gear change problem, mostly between 1st and 2nd. It's more of an annoyance then a problem. I think maybe the gearbox oil i have is more suitable for summer then winter and also i don't think it's been changed! I will try a 75w90 in my gear box to see if it will improve anything, not sure which brand, but probably Castrol, redline or Mobil, but im sure they will all meet the spec. Also you sure its good for the gear box in the long term? I've read that additives do more damage in the long run because it breaks down the oil you have in the gearbox over time. Worth reading this HERE. Same for additives you put in the petrol to clean out the engine (redix or something, the name escapes me at the moment). But yes i do want to get smoother gear change, well as smooth as i can get it as i know the is200 hasn't got the smoothest manuel gearbox by far but at least the gear stick doesn't wave side to side about 10cm whens it's in gear like my old honda LOL. What i really want to know is how much gearbox oil does the is200 manuel gearbox take?

I've got that gear change problem, mostly between 1st and 2nd. It's more of an annoyance then a problem. I think maybe the gearbox oil i have is more suitable for summer then winter and also i don't think it's been changed! I will try a 75w90 in my gear box to see if it will improve anything, not sure which brand, but probably Castrol, redline or mobil, but im sure they will all meet the spec. Also you sure its good for the gear box in the long term? I've read that additives do more damage in the long run because it breaks down the oil you have in the gearbox over time. Worth reading this HERE. Same for additives you put in the petrol to clean out the engine (redix or something, the name escapes me at the moment). But yes i do want to get smoother gear change, well as smooth as i can get it as i know the is200 hasn't got the smoothest manuel gearbox by far but at least the gear stick doesn't wave side to side about 10cm whens it's in gear like my old honda LOL. What i really want to know is how much gearbox oil does the is200 manuel gearbox take?

Manual gearbox uses 1.9ltrs, Recommended oil Viscosity 75W-90 :)

wouldnt put slick 50 in anything with a wet clutch.to slippy.me mate put some in his bike and had probs with clutch slip.as for slick 50 breaking the oil down i wouldnt know.for the engine i wouldnt use it as a regular good quality oil change i think is ok and proof in that these engines seem to run for ever .i think in a run in gearbox its ok apart from possibly breaking down the oil as previously mentioned.it has made my gerchanges smoother thou.i wouldnt put it in a box thats been rebuit as it wouldnt allow it to bed in.some kawasaki bikes had a problem with engine failiures cos they were putting fully synthetic oil in from new and it was that good the engine parts wouldnt bed in.they changed to semisynthetic for the running in period and all was well. my thoughts.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links