Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stock Intake Vs Prolex Induction Kit.

Hey,

i fitted the prolex induction kit to my car today.

so i decided to take before and after intake temp readings with my SNAP-ON Ethos diagnostic computer with the very latest sorftware.

first of all id like to say the car does feel more responsive and a bit quicker and a little bit noisey'r....but not much really.

so with stock intake fitted i checked the readings.

driving through city at 30 mph:

outside temp 9degC

Intake temp 29degC

Driving on dual carridgeway at 80mph for 15 mins

outside temp 8degC

Intake temp 23degC.........max lowest reached 21degC

then got to destination and let the car idle stationary

outside temp 9degC

Intake 29degC

So i fitted the Prolex induction kit...then reckecked the readings.

driving through city at 30 mph:

outside temp 9degC

Intake temp 19degC

Driving on dual carridgeway at 80mph for 15 mins

outside temp 8degC

Intake temp 13degC.........max lowest reached 12degC

then got to destination and let the car idle stationary

outside temp 9degC

Intake 29degC.

so this proves that the Prolex kit does reduce temps and much more free flowing...so with the lower temps the cars ecu will add more fuel etc thus improving performance.

i must admit i expected the temp readings to be higher than standard...but i was suprised at the lower temps.

also i expected the kit to give a really loud roar...but its not much louder than the stock set-up with k&n filter.

So overall im happy with the results!!...WOOOHOO!

SO this check actually proves the Prolex kit reduces temps....and my SNAP-ON diagnostic machine it top quality so the readings are genuine!!

i know this looks a bit long winded so i will shorten it.

CITY DRIVING:

Stock 29degC......Prolex 19degC

80MPH DUALCARRIDGEWAY DRIVING:

Stock 23-21degC.....Prolex 13-12degC

STATIONARY 5MINS IDLE:

Stock 29degC.....Prolex 29degC

it depends on the induction kit.

i went for the prolex one as this takes the pipework away from the heat of the engine and actually reduced intake temps.

the colder the intake temp is the ecu adds more fuel for the correct mixture as colder air is more dense thus creating more power.

but some of the intake kits actually have an increase in intake temps which looses power...not what you want after spending money on a kit.

thats why on a really cold day your car feels faster because of the cooler temps and more fuel getting burnt.

Cheers

I have to say that im not impressed with the filter supplied in the prolex kit....but for the price cant really complain.

i think ill try and get my hands on a HKS super power flow filter as this has a ram/trumpet shap inside the filter that is supposed to help/give more airflow.

The Power Enterprise stuff is alright?

If you're thinking of the HKS mushroom filter don't bother as they're useless at filtration, try and stick to the Apexi one or the K&N if you must get another one, otherwise just keep the Power Enterprise one :)

The Power Enterprise stuff is alright?

If you're thinking of the HKS mushroom filter don't bother as they're useless at filtration, try and stick to the Apexi one or the K&N if you must get another one, otherwise just keep the Power Enterprise one :)

The filter i got with my prolex kit is a mushroom/foam greddy replica filter.

maybe i will try and get an Apexi cotton filter then.....are they good then?

like this one on eBay? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/APEXi-POWER-AIR-FILT...A1%7C240%3A1318

Sorry mate I thought you'd said you'd got a Power Enterprise one, I don't know where I got that from - you can tell I had a good weekend!

The Apexi ones are very good, I'll try and dig out the old review that shows you a comparison :)

Hi Mate, i have the Prolex induction kit with the apexi filter and it works a treat! :D I have made some carbon pieces to go around it to stop the hot air getting to it and a cold induction pipe to vent cold air directly to it!

Jason :P

my Apexi filter hasnt arrived yet.....

but it will deff need the 3" adaptor to fit the prolex pipework.

as the Apexi has a bolt-on flange fitment while my prolex one is just a hose/jubilee clip fitment.

i also ordered a short 3" silicone pipe from eBay to join the Apexi flange to the prolex pipe.

I thought the Apexi filter was standard on the Prolex induction......it was on mine???

I replaced the filter a few months back with a nice fresh Apexi and it sounds and performs even better, get the Apexi it;'s much better.

I got mine off eBay for a very good price, I'll see if I can find the seller.

Okay found him.....Ebay Seller Apexi......but he doesn't seem to have the one you need at the moment, you may also need an adapter.

Can you post a pic of your filter/induction, especially the joint where the filter fits.

OOps just fully read your above post......that'll teach me...lol.

Keith

I thought the Apexi filter was standard on the Prolex induction......it was on mine???

I replaced the filter a few months back with a nice fresh Apexi and it sounds and performs even better, get the Apexi it;'s much better.

I got mine off Ebay for a very good price, I'll see if I can find the seller.

Okay found him.....Ebay Seller Apexi......but he doesn't seem to have the one you need at the moment, you may also need an adapter.

Can you post a pic of your filter/induction, especially the joint where the filter fits.

OOps just fully read your above post......that'll teach me...lol.

Keith

Yeah ProLex changed to a cheaper foam one so he can charge less etc ;) but the pipe will be the same size I imagine

Ahhhh 2 slow dam you Stevie lol

I dont like the sound of the Trust/Greddy "style" filter.

Thats the same mushoom style as the HKS isnt it? but in Yellow?

Hmm, downgrading IMHO, not a good move.

Stav

yeah i wasnt impressed with it at all and it looks like cheap sihte

thats why i ordered the apexi one......i went for the special edition with chrome ends......i hope it looks and sounds good!

thats why i ordered the apexi one......i went for the special edition with chrome ends......i hope it looks and sounds good!

Will be interesting to hear how easily it fits.

Hopefully it will be here today or tomorrow.

so ill let you know....

ill try and get some pics...even if its with my Iphone.

• 2 weeks later...