Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Red X Add To Oil Engine Flush.

Andy-R

Going to change the oil soon and was wondering if anyone's used the Red X engine flush which you add to the oil before dropping it, apparently it helps clears sludge blah blah blah, it's only a couple of quid so as long as it doesn't do any damage, any ideas.

Cheers.

What's the mileage on your car mate?

If you have a high mileage car I'd avoid using any type of engine flush as the engine flush could start causing oil leaks etc. Just do the normal oil change (without any type of engine flush). Regular oil changes is ideal for high mileage engines.

I believe engine flush is ideal for new/low mileage engines.

I heard first hand from a mechanic today about engine flushes. If you use engine flush from new then it's not a problem but if you have a higher mileage engine which has never been flushed, it can cause the grot inside the engine to move and block up parts where oil could normally flow. This is what I have heard so don't shoot the messanger. Do they use oil fluch at Lexus main dealers?

Jim.

I heard first hand from a mechanic today about engine flushes. If you use engine flush from new then it's not a problem but if you have a higher mileage engine which has never been flushed, it can cause the grot inside the engine to move and block up parts where oil could normally flow. This is what I have heard so don't shoot the messanger. Do they use oil fluch at Lexus main dealers?

Jim.

Going to give it a miss just in case, Lex probably flush the engine if they do the servicing from new but i've done the last few changes myself and never flushed before and don't know if it's been done in the past, so not taking the chance.