Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heated Seat Switch Light

hi welcome to the club

you can pull the pannel out which has the heated seat + trc + snow buttons will just pull out then you can take out the swich by pushing it out the front of the pannel and the bulb is on the underneth side of the swich there should be two bulbs there. :D

hi welcome to the club

you can pull the pannel out which has the heated seat + trc + snow buttons will just pull out then you can take out the swich by pushing it out the front of the pannel and the bulb is on the underneth side of the swich there should be two bulbs there. :D

Don't suppose anyone knows if there is somewhere online I can get hold of a new bulb? My nearest dealership is Leeds and it doesn't seem worth making a special trip!

Might be worth asking if they'll post them out as some dealers do that.

Had a quick nosey on ToyoDIY and it shows the following numbers for the bulbs:

84751B	BULB, SEAT HEATER SWITCH
84999‑10310 GXE10, SXE10; 14V 0.91W 2 $9.67
84999‑10490 GXE10, SXE10; 14V 0.84W 2 $8.62

The bulb will be different depending on whether it's the one for the illumination of the switch (always on when lights or on), or the one that lights up when you press the button (i.e. to show that the seat heater is on).

Hmmm, I can't remember either of them lighting up when the headlights are on! The drivers side definitely doesn't light up when pressed though.

So these definitely light up when the headlights are on? Will check tonight.

I got one from my local parts shop it was about 25p, does your heated seat work? bit strange neither bulb working may be the connections come off in the back of the switch.

I think it does, seemed to get warm. Will try again this evening!

If the lights are working on the switches you should be able to see them in daylight, if not take a towel out and put it over your head and cover the switches with it no need to wait until dark then. To check the connections just pull the unit out towards you it just slides out and you can see the connections right in front of you.

If the lights are working on the switches you should be able to see them in daylight, if not take a towel out and put it over your head and cover the switches with it no need to wait until dark then. To check the connections just pull the unit out towards you it just slides out and you can see the connections right in front of you.

Right, just checked. All lights work except the one that should come on when the drivers seat switch is pressed. The seats heat up too. Just need to get hold of the bulb now.

I know its a bit off topic but my grille is also worn showing some silver underneath (just noticing all these things because its new to me), is this a common problem? Am thinking of replacing it.

I got one from my local parts shop it was about 25p

I (naively ?) assumed that because the bulb comes in a special holder, it would have to be specifically from Toyota/Lexus. If you can get the bulb elsewhere then that's great ! Does it come in the holder from motor factors, or did you get the bulb and then swap it over into the existing holder ?

I (naively ?) assumed that because the bulb comes in a special holder, it would have to be specifically from Toyota/Lexus. If you can get the bulb elsewhere then that's great ! Does it come in the holder from motor factors, or did you get the bulb and then swap it over into the existing holder ?

Straight swap matey, he had an ice cream tub full off different ones so we just went through until we got the right one, but it's really easy to swap the bulbs out of the holders if you can get a bulb, if your going to do that might aswell try and get an LED replacement, don't know what size or type they are tho.

Straight swap matey, he had an ice cream tub full off different ones so we just went through until we got the right one, but it's really easy to swap the bulbs out of the holders if you can get a bulb, if your going to do that might aswell try and get an LED replacement, don't know what size or type they are tho.

They're mega-small though, aren't they ? :ohmy:

They're mega-small though, aren't they ? :ohmy:

YUP, so it's probably easier buying with the holder, but if you want to change colour then bulb swappings an option.

• 1 month later...

Hi Steviewevie.....the same bulb is gone on my Lex :crybaby: ...any chance of knowing where you got yours and I can try there as well....i am in london.

Cheers mate :

I got one from my local parts shop it was about 25p, does your heated seat work? bit strange neither bulb working may be the connections come off in the back of the switch.

Hi andy, the same bulb is gone on my Lex....where did you get yours, i am in london and i will try a branch over here if they have one....otherwise anywhere you recommend i start? halfords/eurocarparts??

cheers

Bluffmaster-uk

There are two different bulbs in the heated seat switch, one for the illumination and one for when you switch on the heating. You can easily get these from a Toyota/Lexus dealer for around £3. I haven't tried the motor factors route but then you'll have to figure out what sort of bulb it is (perhaps take in the existing bulb ?). From the parts list it looks like the illumination bulb is 0.84W and the heating bulb is 0.91W.

• 11 months later...