Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Want 360hp

capitao

hi

the car is mkII. i want 360hp on the engine.what i need to do?dont tell to do full exhaust. i opted for fujitsubo catback exhaust. the car comes with 280hp or 320hp?

From what I have read you won't need to do that much to get big power. Adio will fill you in though as his is pushing that sort of power.

You don't need much Irshad, once you've got the exhaust then do the following:

1 bar restrictor ring

Boost controller (Manual or electronic)

Free flowing air filter such as the Blitz LM panel filter.

Decat

Fuel Cut Defender

Colder spark plugs, such as Denso IK24

If the SMIC is in bad condition you'll need to either replace that or get an FMIC.

It's also recommended that you upgrade the fuel pump or even just replace with a new stock one - it's cheaper to just buy a Walbro pump and have that fitted.

That lot should get you there easily and beyond, the restrictor ring is just to restrict the boost but I have read various things saying that they aren't required on a VVTI as the wastegate is stronger and doesn't overboost like the old non-VVTi one but I don't know if that's right or not.

You don't need much Irshad, once you've got the exhaust then do the following:

1 bar restrictor ring

Boost controller (Manual or electronic)

Free flowing air filter such as the Blitz LM panel filter.

Decat

Fuel Cut Defender

Colder spark plugs, such as Denso IK24

If the SMIC is in bad condition you'll need to either replace that or get an FMIC.

It's also recommended that you upgrade the fuel pump or even just replace with a new stock one - it's cheaper to just buy a Walbro pump and have that fitted.

That lot should get you there easily and beyond, the restrictor ring is just to restrict the boost but I have read various things saying that they aren't required on a VVTI as the wastegate is stronger and doesn't overboost like the old non-VVTi one but I don't know if that's right or not.

Decat is the big one and the air filter to start with breathing more easily gets the ponies flowing. You don't have to opt for an expensive cone type either you can jsut get a panel filter there isn't much in it.

Fairly definitive list for the basic stuff aido has given you and all of it is fairly easy to do on your own without a garage intervening. Don't be scared of fitting an electronic boost controller either its easier than it looks, and whatever you do please don't go down the cheap mod route with upping the boost the t bleeder mod is a no no. Also typing supra into eBay can be your friend for engine bits ;)

These are the third set of Denso Iridiums I've had and never had that problem, used the IK20s in the IS200 when that was supercharged and it was fine, had some NGK BKR7EIXs in the Aristo and they were ok and now got Denso IK24s in and they're the best I've had so far :)

No mate I don't think so, Denso and NGK both manufacture their own plugs, however the likes of HKS take the Denso plugs and rebrand those as their own and sell them for twice the price as HKS Racing plugs :)