Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Skoda Drivers!

Well I guess the plans for the lexus are on hold for a couple of weeks.

Ordered a clay bar, polish and wax for the Lex but this happens!!

02032009287.jpg

02032009292.jpg

02032009295.jpg

She failed to notice the car infront on the dual carrageway braking so instead of braking she cut across the lanes in to me!!!!!

Nevermind courtesy car arrives tomorrow, Lexus IS220!!! might as well make the most of a bad situation.

Bloody hell mate, what speed were you doing when she hit you, sounds like you had a lucky escape there!

At least it's all getting dealt with quickly, hey as long as you're ok this is going to sort out those paintchips on the wing better than any clay bar or polish would :D

Very similar thing happened to me after only 3 days of owning my IS. Indian guy in a Mitsi 4x4 doesnt notice the car in front of him stopping, but instead of braking swerves into me. Damage looks near identical - assuming you slammed the brakes on as soon as she started swerving. I needed: new wing, door skin, headlamp and front bumper respray ~ £1k. Make sure they replace your front wheel as well as they didnt do that for me.

Lucky re the IS220 i was driving around in a 3 cyl Mitsubishi Colt for near on a month!

Ed

Very similar thing happened to me after only 3 days of owning my IS. Indian guy in a Mitsi 4x4 doesnt notice the car in front of him stopping, but instead of braking swerves into me. Damage looks near identical - assuming you slammed the brakes on as soon as she started swerving. I needed: new wing, door skin, headlamp and front bumper respray ~ £1k. Make sure they replace your front wheel as well as they didnt do that for me.

Lucky re the IS220 i was driving around in a 3 cyl Mitsubishi Colt for near on a month!

Ed

Yeah bodyshop has quoted for the following.

New wing

New front bumber

New headlight

new lining of wheel arch

New Alloy

Repair and respray door.

Yeah lucky about the IS220, but company handling the claim say I m entitled to same standard of vehicle as I currently drive. hopefully they say it should be back in just under 2 weeks but Im not holding my breath!

feel sorry for you buddy :( hate when drivers overtake one @ high speed, you never know if they have the alertivness to handle emergency situations..(btw im a skoda driver xD) your car seemed to keep its shape quite well, what was the state of the fabia? (they're quite sturdy lil cars also)

feel sorry for you buddy :( hate when drivers overtake one @ high speed, you never know if they have the alertivness to handle emergency situations..(btw im a skoda driver xD) your car seemed to keep its shape quite well, what was the state of the fabia? (they're quite sturdy lil cars also)

Yeah she mainly had paint work damage, mates who were in the car said my car took the brunt of it :crybaby:

Yeah she mainly had paint work damage, mates who were in the car said my car took the brunt of it :crybaby:

sorry to hear that dude!!!

your car is painted in the best colour too!! :winky:

hope it gets sorted properly!

one of those new fabias hit me up the back end!!!!! no damage to the lex but their was jam and sponge everywhere!!! :tomato:

couldnt resist