Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shes Alive! And What A Car!

Yes everyone my car is finally on the road as of yesterday! Its fully road legal, taxed insured and mot'd and I'm loving it! Thats the reason I wasnt online yesterday lol. Got up early in the morning and took the car for its mot and the guy at the garage said that lexus's rarely fail the mot and they're solid cars. He checked it over very thoroughly and couldnt find any issues at all and said its a minter and it passed with flying colours :D When he'd done most of the mot only the emissions test remained and he said that the car was so perfect that its only taken 25mins to do most of the test when normally when up to that point it would take 45mins on any other car and said he was going for a brew lol. What took me by surprise is that although the IS200 has high emissions was the way at which it controls it as the guy showed me that it would pass the emissions without having to even rev it which you normally have to and it passed!

After sorting the mot out I went straight to the post office to get my road tax then to my mechanics to get the car fully serviced. I provided all the parts, timing belt kit, spark plugs, oil filter and oil, and well what a transformation. My mechanic told me that watch how quiet it goes after the service and it purred nicely when it was started, and well the performance, now thats just amazing I think especially since the service.

Anyway, now that the cars on the road and fully legit the mods have already started lol...well they started before it was even road legal. LED sidelights have been installed which actually look really nice after seeing them in the dark last nite (the bargain 99p ones off eBay that there was a thread about last week), new Razo gear knob has been fitted and heater rings will be fitted sometime this week. The next step I think will be to get the geometry done on the car then HID's but that'll probably be next month now but I really cant wait as both will transform the car.

One little problem though, my TRC OFF light is flashing so I'm guessing that theres a fault with one of the speed sensors but my mechanic has said to bring the car back to him sometime this week and he'll read the code off for free (it was already flashing before I got it serviced so wasnt his fault btw lol). When I've got the code I'll post it up so we can see whats up with it but is my traction control system still working if its got an error?

To conclude...even though its been a long battle and one mad project which has left me disheartened at times and thinking about getting rid of the car, my mind has now changed and I love it so will be keeping it for a while I think. Now all I need to do is sell the civic lol...

I'm so happy that its on the road at last I just dont know what to say lol. Its been one hell of a project but I've got there in the end. As for the traction control, if its off when the light is flashing I better get onto that pronto as dont want the back end going out on me. I've already been taking everyones advice of using snow mode tho, it seems to reduce the power quite a lot but helps with moving off smoother as well. Loved the drive to uni today on the motorway and made use of the cruise control too.

yup it is 2D...like I just got it and all exciting again. Its nice to have a car which is so relaxing to drive yet with so much equipment and a decent amount of power. One thing tho....It bloody drinks! lol. I put redex in on monday after I had sorted the mot and rd tax out and got her fully serviced then full tanked her but had a little bit of fun on and off on monday then tuesday went to uni but took it easy and the petrol needle has dropped just below the first quarter mark after only 100miles! I still need to change the air filter on it and then I'll reset the ecu but i'm guessing that as this is the first full tank its had in god knows how long its gonna drink it a bit quicker anyway especially with the redex in there cleaning the fuel system out. When I got the car it had about half a tank of petrol but over the times where I've left it running to try and charge the Battery after jump starting it early on etc it drank most of that but left me with a decent amount to do all the missions to get her road legal on monday.

I know the IS200 isnt built for economy so before anyone gives me a roasting lol..and I am moving up from a 1.4 Civic so am bound to notice the difference in fuel consumption but once I've gone through the first full tank and changed the air filter for a K&N and reset the ecu then can I expect a little better economy?

Glad you're happy mate!

To be honest that economy doesn't sound bad, to give you an idea I'm using about a quarter of the tank to 40-50 miles of town driving (worst I got was 17 miles), I can only match 100 to a quarter if I drive just on the motorway at a constant 70 :crying:

From what I remember of my IS it sounds like it's settled down already, it should improve a bit though as you say it's been reset so does run a bit rich, I'd have thought it'd have settled after 100 miles anyway mate :)

Cool mate...u've put my mind at rest already. :) btw, it hasnt been reset yet mate, that'll be done when I change the air filter on it later in the month so that should help. I think most of the crap in the system musta be expelled by now anyway from the motorway driving I've done. When I was on the motorway I kept it at 60mph with the cruise control on and it was an enjoyable drive. I used to always do 70 on the motorway but for quite some time now have been doing 60 as I noticed when I was driving the civic it made a big difference in fuel consumption so have kinda stuck to my ways now lol.

roughly how many pounds worth of petrol will fill up quarter of the tank anyway?

btw...how on earth did u manage only 17miles off a quarter tank?! thats mental!

drive mine all the time with the traction control turned off... as long as its not raining, so should,nt panick to much about it for the moment but it should,nt be flashing so will need to be looked at soon