Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just been browsing PH and found this:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/897359.htm

It's quite a large discount by both value and percentage - it makes me think that Lexus are in more trouble than other car manufacturers at the moment.

Shame banks aren't lending money or I'd have had it away (or a 250 Auto variant I should say :))

I was in lexus hatfield having my mot done ( for free ) and was just discussing a new is250 se-l or se...

they have a least 30 cars all on 08/58 plates all less than 50 miles...

se-l with multi media......£24,995 oto

se with multi media....£22,995 oto

I was in lexus hatfield having my mot done ( for free ) and was just discussing a new is250 se-l or se...

Are they autos? Not so much the SE, but that SE-L price is pretty good given they're much rarer......

Deals are the 'best' on unsold 'new' stock that Dealers have on their books and need to shift. Some marques are more keen than others to sell on stock. I think it may not be indicative of Lexus but more the times as the dealers are just franchises who are owned by dealership groups - and they need liquidity to function correctly.

I dont beleive An IS220D Sport costs £31000 either, an IS250 SE-L maybe.

On the LexusUK website they list SE, SE i, SE L but no Sport. The SE L, if you add on the extras like parking sensors,sunroof, met paint etc etc the price comes out at £33705. !!!!!!!

I had always thought that Lexus didn't have all these "extras". The OTR price without all the extras was £22715, so if all the extras are specified they will add around 50% extra to the OTR price.

there giong to be unsold 2008 cars not the face lift models still a bargain

How can you tell? As you can see by my post count, I'm not a 'regular' on these shores ...

Rear Lights - reversing light is a sweeping "L" on 2009, and possibly wheels? I too have just seen that Lexus do not quote a modle called a Sport. It is now SR?

My 220d has some issues, notchy gearing, some rattling and bad MPG and it is now on 30,000 miles (07). I wouldn't buy another one, not even for £23000. Preferably, I would only buy the face lifted one, but not without a proper test drive of the 148 grams engine.

The 250 SE-L for £25000 is a positive bargain. Are they automatics?

Are they autos? Not so much the SE, but that SE-L price is pretty good given they're much rarer......

Yes Parthiban all auto`s ( SE & SE-L grade )with the mark levinson audio multimedia pack......very good price IMHO if you have the money...

Got a text from Lexus Edinburgh last week offering me a brand new High Spec RX350 for £23,995 quote" Saving over 10K only 4 left" Things getting desperate by the sounds of things...

I think people in this country are being scared off anything larger than a 2L engine, unless it has the 'd' behind the numbers, and even then they think twice! I can't imagine anyone would spend even that much on an RX only to find in 3 years it is [perhaps] totally worthless and unsellable...this is only a lull in fuel prices before they rebound with a vengeance. I wouldn't be tempted at that price, perhaps circa £18k - as thats a LOT of car for the money and seeing as its 'new' too.

...this is only a lull in fuel prices before they rebound with a vengeance. I wouldn't be tempted at that price, perhaps circa £18k - as thats a LOT of car for the money and seeing as its 'new' too.

Fuel prices have been increasing for the last 3 weeks or so. Locally unleaded was around 82.9/ltr but is now at least 88.9/ltr. representing around 7.5% increase whilst crude oil prices are relatively stable. Not heard any outcry about it though!

...this is only a lull in fuel prices before they rebound with a vengeance. I wouldn't be tempted at that price, perhaps circa £18k - as thats a LOT of car for the money and seeing as its 'new' too.

Fuel prices have been increasing for the last 3 weeks or so. Locally unleaded was around 82.9/ltr but is now at least 88.9/ltr. representing around 7.5% increase whilst crude oil prices are relatively stable. Not heard any outcry about it though!

Extract from weekly email received from the FTA (Freight Transport Association) can assume that if bulk price of diesel is falling so is Petrol, although the petrol companies state that it takes up to 4 weeks for these prices to filter through to the pumps.

Diesel prices: further falls

UK contract bulk diesel prices fell last week. As at Friday 27 January, the price stood at 77.73 pence per litre (ppl), compared to 79.83ppl the week before. The gas oil price also weakened to 34.14ppl, compared to 36.39ppl the previous week.

And before anyone points out they did get the month wrong should have read February...

Got a text from Lexus Edinburgh last week offering me a brand new High Spec RX350 for £23,995 quote" Saving over 10K only 4 left" Things getting desperate by the sounds of things...

yeah, i keep getting texts from my local dealer offering me deals..

Yes Parthiban all auto`s ( SE & SE-L grade )with the mark levinson audio multimedia pack......very good price IMHO if you have the money...

That is tempting, I was at my dealer and they didn't have any SE-Ls so I lost interest, they had some 58 plate SEs with the bodykit for £19k though which was almost got me interested...........I'll have to have a think :)

The part exchange price for a 2008 IS250SE Automatic with multimedia navigation system in Parker's Price Guide www.parkers.co.uk/ is only £15,860. Buying one of these "new" IS250SE cars at £22,995 could, therefore, mean an immediate loss of £7,135 or 31%

Also I would guess the factory stopped producing these pre-facelift models back in May 2008. The facelift versions were available much sooner in the USA than over here in the UK. If so, these cars will probably have been standing in a field somewhere for almost a year. Flat spots on tyres and flat batteries are two potential problems on cars that have been left standing for this length of time. I was told that you could identify the month and year of manufacture from things like the VIN number but I failed when I tried to work it out for a used Lexus IS250 I was thinking of buying last year.

Were the cars actually at Hatfield? If so, were the colours the less popular ones that dealers struggle to sell?

Initially I thought these prices looked good, but now I'm more inclined to think in the current economic climate that these prices are not such a bargain.

The part exchange price for a 2008 IS250SE Automatic with multimedia navigation system in Parker's Price Guide www.parkers.co.uk/ is only £15,860. Buying one of these "new" IS250SE cars at £22,995 could, therefore, mean an immediate loss of £7,135 or 31%

Also I would guess the factory stopped producing these pre-facelift models back in May 2008. The facelift versions were available much sooner in the USA than over here in the UK. If so, these cars will probably have been standing in a field somewhere for almost a year. Flat spots on tyres and flat batteries are two potential problems on cars that have been left standing for this length of time. I was told that you could identify the month and year of manufacture from things like the VIN number but I failed when I tried to work it out for a used Lexus IS250 I was thinking of buying last year.

Were the cars actually at Hatfield? If so, were the colours the less popular ones that dealers struggle to sell?

Initially I thought these prices looked good, but now I'm more inclined to think in the current economic climate that these prices are not such a bargain.

Yes Roger Bill all the cars were in lexus hatfields forcourt area covered in the protective coating...and the colours that i looked at was..argento ice,cadaxton slate,...they even had a couple of IS-F`s with delivery mileage...yours for £40,000 give or take a few pence..

I was told that you could identify the month and year of manufacture from things like the VIN number but I failed when I tried to work it out for a used Lexus IS250 I was thinking of buying last year.

Seatbelts and tyres give manufacture date and should be very little variation between when they were manufactured and when the car was.

Tyres will have DOT followed by 4 figures. 4508 would indicate week 45 2008.

I was told that you could identify the month and year of manufacture from things like the VIN number.

If you look at the label which is attached to the back of the seatbelts, it will tell you when your car was actually made. Noticed this myself last weekend when I was hoovering my IS200. My IS200 is registered in October 2000, but when I looked at the label (which is attached to the back of the seatbelts) in the back I noticed that my car was actually made in July 2000.

So I guess it takes 3 months to build, ship and register a car?

Dave1, thanks very much for that very useful information re date of manufacture.

I wonder why the Lexus Hatfield web site http://www.lexus.co.uk/hatfield doesn't make any mention of these cars and whether, therefore, other dealers have similar stocks.

According to http://www.am-online.com/NewCarSalesFigures/ Lexus UK sold 434 in Jan 2009 vs 914 in Jan 2008, 406 in Dec 2008 vs 817 in Dec 2007, 378 in Nov 2008 vs 901 in Nov 2007 and so on. Assuming they didn't foresee this dramatic slowdown in sales and given a 12 week delivery time from the factory in Japan it's easy to see how they could still have a large stockpile of unsold cars. I think the introduction of the IS facelift probably made the situation worse than for other models.

Given the current state of the base rate, what sort of finance rates are they offering at the moment?

Extortionate I'd guess. Have a look at some of the dealers websites.