Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Abs And Trc Light On

To re-set ECU take out the 20/25amp EFI and 15A ECTS fuses for 30secs to a minute, make sure your ignitions off when you do it.

When I had my bearing done they knocked my ABS sensor about abit so the light was coming on and off for a about 4 days but then sorted it's self out, how long since you changed it are the lights on constantly?

have u got any pics of the sensor mate as I need to have a look at mine. is it the speed sensor that u changed?

easy mate - take the wheel off and have a look at the top of the hub - its the only electrical connection there and is held on with a single 10mm screw

Is it an easy diy job to replace the speed sensor tho? are the speed sensors and abs sensors the same?

Yep, same thing the ABS uses the speed sensors.

Never tried it myself but it looks very easy from the manual, check here for removal instructions for the front sensor, installation is just the reverse of removal. And the rear sensor is pretty much the same method.

easy to do - just make 100% sure not to stress the cable during installation/removal or it may break. Also double check the sensor is installed properly in the hub otherwise u will get an abs fault

its a toothed wheel inside the hub that the system uses to work out the speed of the vehicle and also if a wheel is skidding - when the abs sensor is out have a look in the hole and spin the hub you will see it, as long as the teeth are clean you will be fine. Also make sure to clean the end of the sensor of any metal particles.

I had a similer problem after a nice person smashed into the drivers side of the car. The traction control light would not go out and the abs light was lit. The problem was traced to a broken wire down by the abs sensor. Might be worth having a good look at the wiring.

I had a similer problem after a nice person smashed into the drivers side of the car. The traction control light would not go out and the abs light was lit. The problem was traced to a broken wire down by the abs sensor. Might be worth having a good look at the wiring.

Hello new forum member, welcome to the LOC