Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trd Anti-roll Bars

FiZiX

Hey guys,

In my quest to buy a set of ARBs for my Lexus i discovered Eibach/TTE ARBs are no longer available... :crybaby: not even from Eibach themselves as i emailed them, however the legends at TDi had a hunt round and offered two suggestions:

Cusco ARBs for round £350 +vat

TRD ARBs (not sure which colour need to talk to TDi), which would be shipped in from Japan... not sure on price but not far off the price of the Cusco one... (but don't quote me on that tho, haha)

Now i was wondering what the level of interest from you guys would be to buying a set of TRD ARBs from TDi... hoping that if the interest level is high enough TDi might take note...

Just a query :whistling:

FiZiX

Hey guys,

In my quest to buy a set of ARBs for my Lexus i discovered Eibach/TTE ARBs are no longer available... :crybaby: not even from Eibach themselves as i emailed them, however the legends at TDi had a hunt round and offered two suggestions:

Cusco ARBs for round £350 +vat

TRD ARBs (not sure which colour need to talk to TDi), which would be shipped in from Japan... not sure on price but not far off the price of the Cusco one... (but don't quote me on that tho, haha)

Now i was wondering what the level of interest from you guys would be to buying a set of TRD ARBs from TDi... hoping that if the interest level is high enough TDi might take note...

Just a query :whistling:

FiZiX

Haha i wouldnt count on many people on here having dealings with TDI as they have a very bad reputation within these forums and many others. Have you tried TTE for the bars - they are rebranded Eibach units

depending on price, i would be interested in the TRD ones :)

Kool, i'll let you know as soon as i hear anything.

mate, i'll reply to ur pm later thius evening - not forgotten about it, lol.

rob

Haha, no worries mate... this wasn't a reminder just an idea i'd had...

Haha i wouldnt count on many people on here having dealings with TDI as they have a very bad reputation within these forums and many others. Have you tried TTE for the bars - they are rebranded Eibach units

Really they "seemed" pretty good on the phone, however i haven't actually bought anything from them yet... I emailed the TTE sales ream but had no response as yet... might send another... but its looking like they no longer make them... which is atad rubbish

Don't Prolex do the cusco ones??

They do indeed, but I believe he has to order them so unsure on prices for those...

But i suppose if the price is right and they're not fitting them it should be ok.

TTE in Germany don't make them any more, but might well have some left in stock, so it's worth checking with them.

I've been emailing them, but the Sales office staff seem to be "Out of the Office" till friday which is a tad irritating... but i will be chasing them up wen they return...

But i suppose if the price is right and they're not fitting them it should be ok.

Thats what i thought mate, so i'll wait and see if TTE get back to me if not then go down the TDi route...

I feel i was lucky enough to get a set of Cusco ones second hand off ebay for £165 with all bushes...

Im going to be putting them on this weekend so i shall report back and let you know how they feel, it may help with you making your choice...?

Yeah please do buddy, :D the Cusco one seem to be easiest to get hold of.. however i was wondering how they handled as they have quite a high stiffness on the front bar... hope they work as i might get some if they do...

Why dont you just buy them yourself, making things much cheaper, as Tdi will be taking a cut tooooo :winky:

Yeah i thought about that option buddy, but wasn't sure where TDi were sourcing them from... and import duty/tax is shockingly expensive at the mo.. . i was looking at get hold of a pair of Hotchkis from the states but shipping them over and taxing them doubled the price of the orignal bits of kit!!! :crybaby:

Right that settles it.. the man from TTE he say no more! :(

Just waiting now for the man from TDi to get back to me on a price for the TRD ARBs... so yet again we play the waiting game!!

Don't forget to check out the C-One ARBs if you're looking around. Although they're a bit more expensive than the Cuscos, they come with new bushes (which the Cuscos don't) and a much stronger mounting to replace the OEM bracket (Prolex sell an uprated bracket from TRD for £269 !). That's what I have on my IS200.

Don't forget to check out the C-One ARBs if you're looking around. Although they're a bit more expensive than the Cuscos, they come with new bushes (which the Cuscos don't) and a much stronger mounting to replace the OEM bracket (Prolex sell an uprated bracket from TRD for £269 !). That's what I have on my IS200.

Yeah i've been looking into C-Ones but they seem to be as illusive as all the other ARBs apart from the Cusco which everyone seem to have, but not conviced by them... but would be open to new info (like handling) regarding them...

I feel i was lucky enough to get a set of Cusco ones second hand off ebay for £165 with all bushes...

Im going to be putting them on this weekend so i shall report back and let you know how they feel, it may help with you making your choice...?

Ah, i was watching that on eBay, but decided not to go for it cos the ebayer had no feedback. Didn't want to take the risk lol

Ah, i was watching that on eBay, but decided not to go for it cos the ebayer had no feedback. Didn't want to take the risk lol

I understand the concern on that but at the end of the day we're protected by the laws behind paypal and eBay so i tend to try and not worry about those sorts of things.

In the end the guy turned out to be a sound chap, excellent communication, tracking number provided, well packaged and was shipped from ireland to the uk in 4 days i think it was. Good service!

Just 2 days now until i can use my cousins ramp to get the ARB's on and i shall be giving it a thorough spanking on the way home!

Just 2 days now until i can use my cousins ramp to get the ARB's on and i shall be giving it a thorough spanking on the way home!

Don't forget, depending on the age of your car, you might need some new drop links because they could be seized :winky:

The bonus about receiving the set of those anti roll bars second hand was that the guy has actually left all the ball joints and even the mounting brackets already attached - i guess he was ripping the car to bits or completely overhauling?

Am i right in thinking the drop links would of been undone if the suspension was taken off? I/My cousin put lowering springs on the car about 6 months ago and i remember him copper slipping all the nuts that came off before they went back on...

I understand the concern on that but at the end of the day we're protected by the laws behind paypal and ebay so i tend to try and not worry about those sorts of things.

No Chance mate, there is absolutly no protection when using paypal and eBay - it all looks good on the surface but when u really look into it u get nothing.

As a few people on here have found out.

Make sure to always use a credit card as then if somth goes wrong and paypal or eBay start mesing about u can go to the CC company for your cash.

Well i fitted the anti roll bars today and oh my, what a difference! I cant honestly say that i've noticed any affect in the general luxury comfort that is the car's personality. However, chuck it into a corner and you can feel the difference.

I have noticed that braking is a lot more stable at all speeds, during accelerating it has kept the back end from bouncing as much as it used to and the car feels a little more weighted to the ground. Its only been today that they have been on but i took 2 sharp 90° corners on my road at least 10mph faster than i would of normally been able to and it feels so safe to do it.

I'd recommend them to anybody...

Well i fitted the anti roll bars today and oh my, what a difference! I cant honestly say that i've noticed any affect in the general luxury comfort that is the car's personality. However, chuck it into a corner and you can feel the difference.

I have noticed that braking is a lot more stable at all speeds, during accelerating it has kept the back end from bouncing as much as it used to and the car feels a little more weighted to the ground. Its only been today that they have been on but i took 2 sharp 90° corners on my road at least 10mph faster than i would of normally been able to and it feels so safe to do it.

I'd recommend them to anybody...

You'll love them on the motorway matey, they really help with how the car drives, much more stable and sure footed B)

Yeah i was travelling a fair distance and was sitting at motorway speeds most of the way back and it really has made the car feel so much nicer - i swear the steering is more responsive though, just a slight turn of the wheel and the cars wanting to move across the road.

• 5 weeks later...