Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Black Lexus

• 2 weeks later...

After a long and hard search, I have found one near me which is to spec!

'04, 2 owners, 29k miles, black, good cond. but lots of stone chips! SPORT - face lifted model (lights, alloys, full leather). But heafty price of £8k :(. Dont know if its worth the punt, I've got the available cash but my aim originally was £6k for SE and £7k for Sport ('01-'03 models). What do you guys think? ah, forgot to mention, 1st owner was a company car.. which is worrying...

After a long and hard search, I have found one near me which is to spec!

'04, 2 owners, 29k miles, black, good cond. but lots of stone chips! SPORT - face lifted model (lights, alloys, full leather). But heafty price of £8k :(. Dont know if its worth the punt, I've got the available cash but my aim originally was £6k for SE and £7k for Sport ('01-'03 models). What do you guys think? ah, forgot to mention, 1st owner was a company car.. which is worrying...

That's a bit expensive if you ask me unless it's at a Lexus dealer...........it's a company car though but only 29k on the clock?

That's a bit expensive if you ask me unless it's at a Lexus dealer...........it's a company car though but only 29k on the clock?

Nah its not a lexus dealer, but he did have nice cars.. Im just weary of it being an ex company car it must've been razzed.... :unsure: 1st owner was owned by a company in Glasgow. lots of stone chips for a 29k car, assuming most of its miles were motorway.. supposed thats better than town driving only i suppose. Kinda would like an IS200 soon tho, what would you pay for the car?

Nah its not a lexus dealer, but he did have nice cars.. Im just weary of it being an ex company car it must've been razzed.... :unsure: 1st owner was owned by a company in Glasgow. lots of stone chips for a 29k car, assuming most of its miles were motorway.. supposed thats better than town driving only i suppose. Kinda would like an IS200 soon tho, what would you pay for the car?

I don't think I'd pay more than £7k for a car like that to be honest (and it would have to be mint for that), but 29k is low mileage (which seems odd for a company car). Unfortunately Lexus paint chips easily and black makes it really obvious so it's not necessarily motorway miles.........

I don't think I'd pay more than £7k for a car like that to be honest (and it would have to be mint for that), but 29k is low mileage (which seems odd for a company car). Unfortunately Lexus paint chips easily and black makes it really obvious so it's not necessarily motorway miles.........

'a car like that' meaning an IS200 in general or this particular one? thanks for your help, I was a blink away from buying it yday, but decided against because it seemed alot of money. still looking for black :whistling:

'a car like that' meaning an IS200 in general or this particular one? thanks for your help, I was a blink away from buying it yday, but decided against because it seemed alot of money. still looking for black :whistling:

Lol, yep that particular one, or any IS200 Sport on an '04' plate.........I would pay more for one from a dealer as you get the warranty and you know the aftercare will be great (depending on the dealer)

There are tons of black ISs on autotrader though so there's many to choose from - personally I'd try and push up to an '05' SE as you get satnav thrown in (and there's one on autotrader for the same £8k :whistling: )

Lol, yep that particular one, or any IS200 Sport on an '04' plate.........I would pay more for one from a dealer as you get the warranty and you know the aftercare will be great (depending on the dealer)

There are tons of black ISs on autotrader though so there's many to choose from - personally I'd try and push up to an '05' SE as you get satnav thrown in (and there's one on autotrader for the same £8k :whistling: )

Hmm, I would've thought the sports package '04 (lowered springs, and LSD) would be better than a SE '05 package even with sat nav. I mean, sat nav is nice but not a really an essential because i have a garmin already :) I have JVC AVX-33 (3" LCD screen) also, unless i can connect that to the satnav screen its not really a big bonus for moi :shutit:

Side-note: AVX-33 (or similar models) one of the best stereo's for functionality imo! :D its got everything you'd want in a car stereo, highly recommended.