Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

what was the origional top speed of this model??

.............was it restricted down??

............has anyone taken one on to a rolling road and taken it to max...........now?? ..............or in the past??

what was the origional top speed of this model??

.............was it restricted down??

............has anyone taken one on to a rolling road and taken it to max...........now?? ..............or in the past??

UK models were restricted to 143mph. When I had my '96 Sport I had an indicated 140 on a toll road in France. I think it was doing a lot less though as I was only on just over 5000rpm and if I recall correctly it "red-lined" at 6500rpm.

you have to bear in mind also that the speedo on the sport model is way out at high speed so 140 is prob more like 125 on a sat nav etc .

Quite probable. I would imagine that the "official" top speed of 143mph would be easy to achieve though. At the indicated 140mph there were still a good 1500rpm left to boost it to a true 143mph I would guess. The sport would possibly be faster as it had the 18" wheels which technically would make it slightly slower on acceleration but give a slightly higher top end?