Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Washed The Is200

In all my time on LOC I have never posted pics of my car, so here are some shots (sorry I didn't take any arty/farty shots):

Details of my car: 2000 model IS200SE, Astral Black, 8 years old with 117,000 miles.

- Washed the car with Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo

- Washed wheels with Meguiars Hot Rims Wheel Cleaner

- Clayed with Meguiars Smooth Surface clay Kit

- Paint cleaned with Meguiars Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner (Step 1)

- Paint polished with Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish (Step 2)

- Paint waxed with Meguiars Deep Crystal Carnuba Wax (Step 3)

- Inside hoovered, dash, seats, doorcards, carpets, glass etc cleaned with various Autoglym products. Leather parts of seats treated with Meguiars Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

- Tyres dressed with Meguiars High Gloss Tyre Gel

Also fitted my Stainless steel A/C rings, new gear knob/ball (old one was scratched). Also fitted some LOC stickers that I won in Stav's caption competition.

Here are the pics:

dsc00121b.jpg

dsc00127i.jpg

dsc00126q.jpg

dsc00124x.jpg

dsc00122u.jpg

dsc00123v.jpg

dsc00128i.jpg

dsc00129dzg.jpg

dsc00131u.jpg

dsc00130yum.jpg

:D

Black cars always look amazing when it's been cleaned. You do what i do, leave it in gear..i only use one click of the handbrake. When i took it to the garage for the second service, the bloke asked if i even use the handbrake cos it tends to slack off after a while and takes more clicks to hold the car, but my car just takes 2-3 clicks to fully hold the car lol.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Looks great Kam! Think I may have to try your method of cleaning once the weather warms up a little. I used Autoglym on all my previous cars, but it didn't bring up my black Lex very well. Where did you get the stainless air con rings? One of my plastic ones has a gash in it so stainless would look sweet.

Where did you get the stainless air con rings?

There was a group buy on here a while ago for the air con rings- got them through the group buy. They are a rare item.

Where did you get the stainless air con rings?

There was a group buy on here a while ago for the air con rings- got them through the group buy. They are a rare item.

Ah nevermind, I will keep an eye out on eBay in case some turn up. Failing that I might see about getting my existing ones plated.