Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Tyres?

Just wondering which tyres people have on there cars? As i need to replace 1 of my fronts soon and the spare needs changing too. On the back at the moment there are a P700's what are a great tyre as far as iam concerned. I was thinking of putting toyo's on as iv used them before they where great and afforrdable. Plenty of grip in the rain and in snow. There only down fall is that they have a weak side wall.

So what have you guys use and your foughts on the one's that have?

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics is what I have. Best preimum tyre for the IS200 IHMO.

Otherwise Toyo T1R and Falken FK452's are good as well.

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics is what I have. Best preimum tyre for the IS200 IHMO.

Otherwise Toyo T1R and Falken FK452's are good as well.

The Toyos and Falkens seem to be the favourites for the money. But if you can afford the Eagles get them. The only thing to bear in mind is that if you lose an eagle through an awkward puncture, say, it's a very expensive replacement.

When I switched from Semperit Direction Sport to Yokohama w.drive I was... pleasantly surprised .. woow, at least 6 dB quieter.

So, Yokohama all the way for me.

Been ringing around for prices, surpiced to hear alot of the garages dont stock or even sell toyo's! The P7000 and eagles are just out of price range but they are a good tyre just a little to much for me. I did get some good prices on the toyo's from the garages that sell them anyway, £77.95 a corner was the cheapist so far! What isnt to bad.

I recently got Toyo T1-R`s (extra load) fitted by WIM to the back of my IS 200 ("18") and the back end was all over the place and felt very strange....( i believe it was because of the softer sidewall)...so mark at WIM put the Toyo`s on the front and the Pirelli pzero rosso`s on the back...straight away the car felt better and was more planted at speed....they are currently on the front.... still feel a bit "weird" but has helped putting the pressure`s up to 37psi.........they are a really grippy tyre but may not be really suitable for the lex IS chassis running "18".......just thought i would let you all know... :winky:

I recently got Toyo T1-R`s (extra load) fitted by WIM to the back of my IS 200 ("18") and the back end was all over the place and felt very strange....( i believe it was because of the softer sidewall)...so mark at WIM put the Toyo`s on the front and the Pirelli pzero rosso`s on the back...straight away the car felt better and was more planted at speed....they are currently on the front.... still feel a bit "weird" but has helped putting the pressure`s up to 37psi.........they are a really grippy tyre but may not be really suitable for the lex IS chassis running "18".......just thought i would let you all know... :winky:

Cool cheers mate, they would be going on the front as on the back i have p7000's.

My IS200 tyre experience so far has been:

Bought the car with nearly new Dunlop 9000s fitted, which seemed ok, but fronts wore quite fast (illegal after 5-6kish) so when i replaced my fronts with falken 452s i realised how bad the dunlops were in the wet, so I got another pair of 452s for the rear when the rear dunlops wore 3-4k later.

Sadly the falkens wore very quickly on the front (4-5k) (even with rotating on the rims so wear was evened out) When they they were replaced I got hold of some part worn GY Eagle F1s but they were 225 45 17s so i put them in the rear and moved the newer 452s to the front, which again, proceeded to wear quite fast again and they now need replacement. Even with alot more tread on the the Goodyears (4-5mm) compared to the 452s (2mm), they arent as good in the wet, but I like my rear end to be loose, it suits my driving style.

Not sure what il get next, looking at Michelins as they tend to wear well.