Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Bright Idea!

FiZiX

Hey guys,

Myself and the Missus were out shopping for "house stuff" in Dunelm today when we came across a shining example of a glowing deal! :winky: (sorry will stop the light bulb jokes :shutit: )

10 OSRAM energy saving light bulbs for just £1 :excl:

So loving a good deal when i see one i bought 20x 70w energy saving bad boys for 2 whole sovereign pounds!!

Happy Shopping!!

Was this at a local shop, or something national? I think the 70W ones are the tungsten filament halogen bulbs (ie much more like traditional bulbs) so you can dim them, have a much warmer tone of light etc etc - is that what these are?

That type are £1.99 EACH at Sainsburys at the moment, but I still think they're better than the compact flourescent types with their sickly greenish light... :sick:

whats energy saving about a 70w lamp ?

against a 100w its 30w less

but against a 60w its 10w more !

but............it still uses 70w of energy

where as the Flouresant equivalents use about 20w

and are about 80% more efficient !

its not a bad price for them though

Mike_B, not sure if its national... by the size of the stock they had there (Nottingham branch) i would have thought yes it would be... Check out your local Dunelm... haha sound like a ruddy advert now!! :lol:

I was assuming that FiZiX meant they were 70W-equivalent bulbs. Though of course I could be wrong.

You are indeed correct mate, sorry I should of explained it a tad better... They are infact 75W equivalents only consume 14W of power and are a warm white colour, not bad at all.... 10,000hrs use... according to the box

Have you got a chandelier in your lex then? :D :P

Most of us use HID's on our cars :lol:

Aww now thats an idea! :D Hey it would be pretty bespoke... dont think anyone else has one!! Haha... i think HIDs would be too bright for chandelier bulbs mate :winky:

Edited by FiZiX

I was assuming that FiZiX meant they were 70W-equivalent bulbs. Though of course I could be wrong.

You are indeed correct mate, sorry I should of explained it a tad better... They are infact 75W equivalents only consume 14W of power and are a warm white colour, not bad at all.... 10,000hrs use... according to the box

Have you got a chandelier in your lex then? :D :P

Most of us use HID's on our cars :lol:

Aww now thats an idea! :D Hey it would be pretty bespoke... dont think one else has one!! Haha...

:lol: think you'd get fed up of the "chink chink" sound as you drive though mate with it rattling around all the time :lol:

Good price for the bulbs though B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links