Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice Needed For Newbie Rx Owner

Hi,

I am looking at buying a used RX300 SE. I have searched this forum for my specific question and not having found any answers, wanted to ask for fellow members opinion. The vehicle I am looking at is a 99 model SE, it has done 125,000 miles and has full Lexus history, The cambelt has been changed at around a 100,000 miles and the car has been well looked after. I have driven the vehicle and surprisingly did not feel like a car with such high mileage and dorve very well. Is there anything I should look out for, in terms of potential problems, any major components which would need to be replaced given the mileage. Or should I steer clear altogether.

Thanks in advance for your help. :lol:

Lindsy

Hello and Welcome to the club :D

Dont really know much about the RX300's i'm afraid, but it doesnt sound too bad with having a full service history and the cambelt done, The mileage isnt that bad and i'd say it'll keep going for a very long time yet :D

Someone with a bit more knowledge will hopefully be along soon and hopefully be able to answer your questions a bit better :)

But thought i'd say hello anyway :D

The RX is pretty much bulletproof with no known reliability issues. Just make sure she is fed and watered when required.

As you said it drives nice and the cambelt has been changed at the dorrect interval.

The mileage is'nt high for its age, just make sure that service history is okay and she will keep driving as good as new for many more years.

I've had mine for over 5 years and she still drives like a new car that's why I can't get rid of it 'cos there is'nt anything better to replace it!

Hope this helps

Terry

P.S. Welcome to LOC

Hi,

Thank you all for the welcome and help. I will be reviewing the car and its paperwork and let you know the outcome soon. Guess it all comes down to agreeing a reasonable price.

Thanks

Lindsy