Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spark Plugs

ALI_1

You need to use Denso IK20's (or even better SK20R11 plugs). Saw some SK20's on eBay recently- these are the OEM plugs which will last 60k. The IK20's last for 30k. You can also use NGK's as well, but make sure you use irdium tipped plugs, these suit Toyota/Lexus engines.

Think the Bosch ones are platinum tipped, so that are not recommend for the IS200.

You need to use Denso IK20's (or even better SK20R11 plugs). Saw some SK20's on ebay recently- these are the OEM plugs which will last 60k. The IK20's last for 30k. You can also use NGK's as well, but make sure you use irdium tipped plugs, these suit Toyota/Lexus engines.

I agree that SK20s are "even better" in terms of how long they'll last, as you say. But bear in mind that the IK20s are higher-performance plugs, i.e. although they last half as long they are supposed to maximise performance and fuel economy. I've got IK20s in mine.

Avoid the bosch ones as apparently they dont suit the car very well. For the price I'd go for the NGK iridium plugs from here....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-IS200-IRIDIUM-...A1%7C240%3A1318

I just got these plugs recently but went directly to the company in order to save postage but at the same time had a good chat with the guys that owned it and it a really good company. The prices are the lowest anywhere for the NGK iridium plugs and the company said themselves that if anyone wanted some then this would be the time to buy them as the price will be going up soon as they're only making a couple of quid profit on each set.

Well I didn't know that the NGK's will last upto 60k (I thought they last upto 30k), but I do know that the ones in the link I posted are made by Denso- just that they come in Toyota packaging.

Denso or NGK for standard plugs. Denso IK for high performance.

Toyota/Lexus normally fit Denso as standard with NGK used as an alternative. This makes sense as Denso used to be part of Toyota and they still own a large percentage of the company.