Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all,

Just a quick one, does anyone know if when you lock the GS (GS430 2001) with the key in the drivers door rather than using the remote button to lock it. Does this lock the car without setting the alarm? I just wondered as my alarm has gone off during the night a few times, usually 3 am! so wanted to know if I lock it using the key does this leave the alarm off?

Thanks

Glenn

When you use the key does it activate the central locking or just lock the drivers door? If the latter, it's most likely not setting the alarm. My 2002 IS doesn't set the alarm off the key, so I'd assume the GS has a similar system.

Another way to test it is to lock the car with the remote, and then unlock the door using the key and see if it sets the alarm off, if it does then the key doesn't operate the alarm.

When you use the key does it activate the central locking or just lock the drivers door? If the latter, it's most likely not setting the alarm. My 2002 IS doesn't set the alarm off the key, so I'd assume the GS has a similar system.

Another way to test it is to lock the car with the remote, and then unlock the door using the key and see if it sets the alarm off, if it does then the key doesn't operate the alarm.

Yep, just done the experiment locking and unlocking the car with and without remote(neighbours well pleased?) if i lock using fob then open with key alarm goes off. If i lock using key it still operates the central locking but I can open it with the key and no alarm. So presume alarm doesnt activate when locking with the key? Also noticed that the hazards dont flash when i lock with the key but they do flash when locking with the fob. Suppose this should have answered my question really.

Thanks

glenn

On mine ,one press on the remote locks doors but (no alarm or dead bolts) second press sets alarm and dead bolts. I never use the key ever.

That doesn't sound correct. A single press should operate the alarm.

Locking with the key does not arm the alarm. However you still have protection from the immobiliser.