Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting Exhaust.

Balsca

Hi Guys, i have a Is200 SE and and im gonna start modding it :)

Im looking at a blue flame exhaust from eBay, seem to be going for £280 delivered.

Can anyone give me a little info of how to put it on, and what ill need? Im a noob when it comes to things like this....

Im thinking of just using the car jack and putting the offside on a couple of axle stands, then everything just unbolts and bolts on?

Any help appreciated!

Many Thanks

Iain

I dont have one of the blue flames but yes its that easy, just bolt on & off mate :) tis very simple if you have the stands etc and a few minutes. Just depends how rusted on the the old bolts are lol...worth a try ;)

Another question, the blue flame exhaust doesnt come with any seals or gaskets, would i be able to use the ones already there, or should i get some new ones?

If so, anyone know where i get them from? :)

Cheers

Iain

• 3 weeks later...

Put it on and found the original gaskets did not fit, one of the conectors was one where the tube went inside the next one.

I ordered some HKS 65mm gaskets which fit the back box perfectly, but were too small for the Cat end as the bolt holes in the gasket were too close together.

Anyone know what sort of gasket fit? thinking a 70mm but will the bolt holes be futher appart or would it just be the bore?

Cheers

Iain