Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel And Tyre Sizes?

hi everyone,

just bought my first lexus IS200 and loving it... got a bit of a dilema though. looking to put some 18's on it, what offset do i need to look for and what tyre width can i fit under the arches?!

cheers everyone

is200jim

my friend has some 255/35/18's with an offset of et38..

will these fir??

cheers is200jim

i have a offset of et35 and they sit bang in line with the arches and i'm using 215 40 18!!

with that offset and tyre width you will deffo rub the arches!!!

p0103091544.jpg

p010309154401.jpg

as you can see even bringing them in 3mm youd be asking for trouble with that tyre width unless you are plannin on fitting arches?

Welcome to the club matey :)

Heres some info on the wheel and tyres sizes CLICK ME

Theres also a wheel offset calculator HERE To help you with the sizing of new wheels,

The et 38's will sit 3mm further in than Ormi's 35 offset above, but the 255/35/18 tyres i would say are too wide for the IS200 as the reccomended tyre size for 18" wheels is 225/40/18 :)

The 38 offset in a 7" wide wheel 18" diameter will give you 7mm more clearance from the strut and extend 7mm further out,

With a wheel 8" wide and the offset 38 will give you 6mm less clearance from the strut and extend 20mm further out?

(compared to the standard 17" wheels)

Ormi above has 8" wide with an offset of 35 and compared to the oem wheels give 3mm less inner clearance and extend 23mm further out :)

Welcome to the club matey :)

My TTE Chicane wheels are 18", 7.5" wide with an offset of 50 so sit 11mm further in from the top of the arch and extend 1mm further out, compared to the standard 17" wheels that have an offset of 45 iirc, :)

I thought all the standard 17"wheels have an offset of 50 :)

Thanks for all the info guys, really appreciate it.

Although its confused me now what offset i should aim to go for? :question: I intend to have the car lowered on coilovers and now worry that the wheels wont fit under the arches! any suggestions? :question:

I suppose best thing to do would be to fit them and have a look whether the offset will cause problems. i think they are an 8j wheel but not sure.

I think i can shift the tyres now too, got a friend in EDC so he should be able to put them to good use!!!

More info on these bloody wheels...

there are a 9j which means i'll definately have to stretch some smaller tyres on them...

just hope if i get them i wont have too many probs...

infact will a 9j fit under the front arches??

there are a 9j which means i'll definately have to stretch some smaller tyres on them...

Looking at the wheel size guide, they will fit on the front but with inner arch moulding modifications and arches rolled? :blink:

Looking at the wheel size guide, they will fit on the front but with inner arch moulding modifications and arches rolled? :blink:

whats the offset of the wheels? if they are et38 you'll have bother with 9" wide wheels even with a stretch on the tyres.and i dont think a roll will be enough it will need a flare and prob a big one!

mine are a et35 with a 215 tyre with a stretch and just miss the arches............. yours are a et38 which sit 3mm further in than mine but yours are a inch wider than mine which will bring the wheels past the arches,youll need a 225 tyre which will have a stretch but its still goin to catch your arches and if you drop it on coilovers boy are you goin to have fun to stop the rubbin :blink:

cheers for more of ya help guys appreciate it big time... i've found some new wheels that i'll prob go for although do you know of anyone having any problems with a wheel manufacture innovit?? i've heard through the grape vine that some of the skyline guys have had probs with them cracking something any of you have heard of??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links