Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

'03 Red Is200 Sport - For Sale

jamieuwe

Hi Guys,

It has been a while since I have been on here....and now it is because I reluctantly have to sell my '03 IS200 Sport. :crybaby:

I spent ages on here when I was looking to buy and got some great info from a lot of you. Maybe one day I will be able to buy another lexus.

I won't go through all the spec as you will all know it already except it has:

• Cream half leather interior
  • Fitted with Sport grille (I still have the original if that is wanted too)

70,000 miles on the clock

Tax until end of May

MOT until January 2010

Great condition.

I am gutted that I have to sell her but something has to give and reluctantly it is my pride and joy that has to go!

I'm looking for £6,500 for her.

Any questions, just ask.

Cheers guys

post-17870-1236513870.jpg

i think its because your asking too much, is yours on e-bay for £6700 if so you say its a 2001 but on here its an 03 reg?

if its an 2001 there are similar cars for sale for half the price

No, it is not the same car as the one on ebay. As I say, mine is an '03 NOT 2001.

I wouldnt be asking for £6500 if it was 8 years old.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

the post march 2k1 IS200's are less desireable due to the tax increase that applies to these, this is why the newer ones often sell for less

Is the difference in tax that significant? There was a plan that would have doubled the RFL for the IS200, but I understand that now only applies to cars from 23/03/06 onwards.

Is the difference in tax that significant? There was a plan that would have doubled the RFL for the IS200, but I understand that now only applies to cars from 23/03/06 onwards.

It does for the time being, they said that they've delayed the impact on 2001-2006 cars because of the credit crunch. This means that they could bring it back. Given how it was very badly received and considered unfair to drivers of non-new cars, it might not come back, but for the time being we're in limbo.

The damage has already been done to used prices however, I would estimate owners of later models (say 2003-2006) of IS200 have probably lost £1k thanks to the Govt. Scum!

Hi Guys,

I have decided to keep hold of her for a little longer. Do you know how difficult it is to buy a car to replace her?

I know how she runs and trusting anyone elses second hand car over mine is really difficult. Maybe ill try again in a few months....who knows.

As for the tax...in my personal opinion....and this is only my opinion....I wouldn't dream of knocking a grand off the car because the tax becomes, say £400 a year. The maths do not add up and I could justify paying the tax because of what you get back from the car. simples.

Cheers guys