Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Arghhhhh

mus26c

It happened yesterday afternoon around 3 pm on my way to Japarts in North London (Holloway Road) to get calipar paint. I was behind a car which was about to turn right into a side road just waiting for the oncoming traffic to slow and give us a chance to go through. Since it was a slow moving traffic, a white Van slowed down and flashed the car infront of me to go and it went and it flashed again for me to go, so as I was turning my left eye cought a black shadow coming fast and guess what BIG BANG, scooter collision at 30 miles an hour. the rider was in the inside lane of the Van (between the pavement and the Van), no chance for me to see him at all. I came out the car called both Police and Ambulance checked on the rider and it turned out to be a 16 year old boy laying on the floor, I asked him not to move but he wouldnt listen, he just kept saying I am alright, I am alright, emergency services requested to speak to the rider if he needed an ambulance or not but he refused at the end. In all this mess 20 to 30 people around us, I saw this lad identifying himself as the Van driver (Witness). Police arrived and questioned all of us including the witness and the teenager admitted he was on the inside lane. Police straight away said that the teenager was at fault. the parents of the teenager arrived late at the scene, they were shocked and horrified.

It was shocking / scary experience as I was more worried about the little lad. but thank god he was fine, his scooter is a write off, front end damage, buckled suspension and unable to start it.

Camera phone pics :crybaby:

07032009001.jpg

Passenger door and side skirt damage.

07032009002.jpg

you could see were the head hit the frame.

07032009003.jpg

rear door dent (not visible) and scratches along the car

07032009004.jpg

07032009005.jpg

side view

on funny note, the coppers were more interested in the car rather than the accident asking me about the perfomance and how much Bhp is pushing, funny enough one of them had Celica GT4 and I told him that both cars share the same engine except that mine is NA.

Damn that sounds a horrible experience, plus such a silly accident caused by a kid doing something stupid (and in my opinion who shouldn't be on the road)

Glad no one was hurt, and that dent on the side of the roof where his head smacked it is a horrifying thought...........hope it'll all get sorted for you easily.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links