Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

As a result of an enquiry to Lexus UK, they tell me that a total of 150 ISFs were brought into the UK in 2008 and all were sold.

For 2009 NONE will be brought in & any 2009 registrations are part of the 2008 batch.

Of the ISFs available 2nd hand, over half are as a result of repossession/cancellation of finance agreements.

So, is the ISF:

(i) Wonderful and exclusive?

(ii) A victim of the world financial situation?

(iii) A big mistake by Lexus?

For me, partly (i), partly (ii). Your comments please.....

just bad timing imo .... :(

and did they give you any good reason why they didn't bring in the nicest colour of all , ultrasonic blue?

if the yen exchange rate improves then I'm sure that we'll see more and more grey imports of these desirable beasts :)

Not really a mistake by Lexus, just a case of unfortunate timing with the turn in the world economy. A couple of years earlier and it probably would have been completely sold out, with a limited number like 150.

I still haven't seen one on the road, so that goes to show how rare it is - but having said that I haven't seen an M3 saloon yet either (quite a few coupes though) - also a victim of current times.........

just bad timing imo .... :(

and did they give you any good reason why they didn't bring in the nicest colour of all , ultrasonic blue?

if the yen exchange rate improves then I'm sure that we'll see more and more grey imports of these desirable beasts :)

Didn't ask about the Ultrasonic Blue which would suit other models too - particularly the IS250. Lexus are a law unto themselves though. How else could they come up with a comic idea like IS220D Sport, a description that works about as well as a succulent biscuit.

As a result of an enquiry to Lexus UK, they tell me that a total of 150 ISFs were brought into the UK in 2008 and all were sold.

For 2009 NONE will be brought in & any 2009 registrations are part of the 2008 batch.

Of the ISFs available 2nd hand, over half are as a result of repossession/cancellation of finance agreements.

So, is the ISF:

(i) Wonderful and exclusive?

(ii) A victim of the world financial situation?

(iii) A big mistake by Lexus?

For me, partly (i), partly (ii). Your comments please.....

I would have liked the blue really but pleased I got one anyway, the climate has changed everything but I am sure it will pick up, as for the is-f yep worth every penny

Not a mistake, not at all.

The current climate hasn't helped any of the mfr's just look at F1 and the WRC.

I will definately be buying an IS F but it has to be in Ultra Blue.

Just out of interest brick, when you are driving your IS F or stationary at the lights etc, do you get mamy people looking and checking out the car, I suppose what I'm asking is how many heads does it turn?

Not a mistake, not at all.

The current climate hasn't helped any of the mfr's just look at F1 and the WRC.

I will definately be buying an IS F but it has to be in Ultra Blue.

Just out of interest brick, when you are driving your IS F or stationary at the lights etc, do you get mamy people looking and checking out the car, I suppose what I'm asking is how many heads does it turn?

Well people are always looking as there arent many about, just sit there and bleep the throttle, another thing its suprising when your driving along and someone comes up behind you driving fairly fast in a BMW or some other motor they then just hang behind and look. no I love the car done nearly 20,000 miles now, just about to change the tyres, not bad that amount of miles, going with bridgestone again.

If you do get one, dont start from cold and then turn off straight away or you will have to churn the engine over to get it started, let it warm for a couple of minutes.

Ive read a few things about the ISF on here but from my side, great car as all my Lexus cars have been, another thing DVD player brilliant, put the Day after Tommorow in and turn the Sound Up and hold on.

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped into Lexus Cheltenham today to pick up a cylinder repair kit for my IS200 Sport (pistons sticking on drivers side front). Noticed they had four IS-F's for sale, one new in black for £50K, and three used, all 2008, one in Velvet Black for £38,995 (11,725 miles), one in Cadoxton Slate for £41,500 (6,083 miles) and another in Artic Pearl for £43,950 (2,818 miles). I think the Velvet Black is the ex demo that I've test driven a couple of times, the other two may be repossessions, cancelled finance or perhaps drivers trading down to a 250 due to todays current economic situation?

Dropped into Lexus Cheltenham today to pick up a cylinder repair kit for my IS200 Sport (pistons sticking on drivers side front). Noticed they had four IS-F's for sale, one new in black for £50K, and three used, all 2008, one in Velvet Black for £38,995 (11,725 miles), one in Cadoxton Slate for £41,500 (6,083 miles) and another in Artic Pearl for £43,950 (2,818 miles). I think the Velvet Black is the ex demo that I've test driven a couple of times, the other two may be repossessions, cancelled finance or perhaps drivers trading down to a 250 due to todays current economic situation?

Personally, can't think of any reason other than economic for anybody to sell on their ISF. It is everything I expected and much more. However, I had to order mine sight unseen - never mind a test drive - as did most for the early batches. Some may have been disappointed one way or another, and are just shifting their mistake. Nevertheless, given the number of high-end and big-engine cars now on the market; several ISFs available and lowish prices probably mostly reflect financial problems. It would be good to have posts from ISF owners who don't (or didn't) like it and why - just to balance out the all-positive ones so far.

I hear BMW have cancelled the M version of the new Z4.

Both are victims of the economic climate sadly.

The ISF was always going to be a niche seller- the Lexus image has been quite middle-aged until recently- so it needed to gradually catch on and persuade people that M power/AMG/audi S are not the only ways to go. But that is the japanese way; Lexus's original introduction into the UK in the 90s was very low key.

I think they could help by making the IS available as a more obvious sport version, like the SR, and perhaps start offering F Sport accessories through the UK network, much as BMW do with M Tech/Sport versionsl, and Audi do with S Line.

Or just possibly the ISF cuts across the eco image of the hybrids- perhaps they want to change tack completely with the new gen ISF (e.g. power and economy)

• 2 weeks later...

Well i would give some negative to owning an ISF but not sure I can think of any.

I agree with brick re the motorway - absolutely nobody drives up my ***** (to coin a phrase) - partly because if they tried, they wouldn't last long and secondly maybe they know it's not worth it so sit back and enjoy the view.

I've had many times where a dual caridgeway is crawling and then just gets going in time to blash the throttle as i go past some boy racer in a suped up nova with a dustbin exhaust and windows open...very satisfing to make the proper V8 noise on demand in manual sports mode.

There is a downside - the brake dust - it accumulates so fast - i took my ISF in for a valet as i do most months and they noticed the wheels had gone rusty. I complained to Lexus and they said it was in fact brake dust and then spent 4 hours just cleaning the wheels for me (FOC - so thankyou Lexus Southampton) - they also said that the other ISF they maintain had exactly the same problem and so a technical report has been sent to Lexus UK - the advice i was given - throw a bucket of water over the wheels after every trip - like i am going to do that...so hopefully a small design tweak might be made for future cars.

Only other downside is the 11.5mpg average i do - could manage 20+ but you can't have a car like the ISF and not drive it "properly!!".

One thing I would have liked to see is the fitting of the blue lighting up scuf plates as found in top IS250/220 models - i had them retro fitted to my IS200d and added a nice touch when opening the doors at night.

Now my last point (and i am ready for the barrage of negative posts about to come my way) is that I would like to make some small tasteful (if thats possible) mods to the ISF. Am thinking of lights in the side panel grills (they're fake after all) and maybe a splitter with white LEDs embedded on the front. So my question is does anyone know anywhere that would do this for me - needs to be close to Southampton which is where i live.

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links