Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Black Is200 Do They Have Smoked Tail Lights?

As the others have said are you talking about the plastic lens or the chrome inside part?

If the inside part, then yes all post 2001 cars in dark colours (basically except white and silver) had the dark chrome rear lights

What other options are there, I thought they all had clear outer lenses with the inner part varying in colour, from either Chrome, Dark Chrome, or satin finish? are there more?

There were only 3 factory options as far as i know. Chrome, smoked chrome and satin finish. All have clear lenses.

Yep, chrome up to 01, black chrome 01-04, post 04 was a satin bronze-grey finish.

My Lex is black and when i bought it it had chrome tails, i changed them like Andy-r did to the later spec smoked ones. Picked a set up on eBay for £60.

Looking into an LED retro fit now.

Anyone have them fitted to a silver is200?

i have a 2001 silver IS200,

i also have 18" gunmetal wheels and tinted windows...so i reckon the smoked tail lights would look good...good contrast with the silver paint.

i havent seen smoked headlights though....are these on the jap altezza?

cheers

There were only 3 factory options as far as i know. Chrome, smoked chrome and satin finish. All have clear lenses.

Yep, chrome up to 01, black chrome 01-04, post 04 was a satin bronze-grey finish.

Parthiban not being cheeky just want to correct you. black chrome is from 01 till 05 as i have a 05 plate and it has the black chrome

thanks

i also have 18" gunmetal wheels and tinted windows...so i reckon the smoked tail lights would look good...good contrast with the silver paint.

cheers

you see some LED ones on eBay for the is200. well if i was you then would paint the headlights aswell

cheers

Where in the Highlands you from buddy ?

Im from Nairn with a Black IS200 on 18" gunmetal rims getting tinted on Friday in Elgin .

Parthiban not being cheeky just want to correct you. black chrome is from 01 till 05 as i have a 05 plate and it has the black chrome

Yours might have been built in 04 but not registered till 05. There may well be a build date on your seat belts.

will check tommarow

cheers

Where in the Highlands you from buddy ?

Im from Nairn with a Black IS200 on 18" gunmetal rims getting tinted on Friday in Elgin .

im in Inverness Dude. B)

Don't buy any LED tails off ebay, poor quality and the LEDs will fail randomly after time. The headlights came smoked with smoked/black fogs on later cars.

When you say "smoked", they weren't really smoked in the common use of that term though. Usually when people talk about smoked lights they mean the plastic outer lenses being darkened, which isn't what happened on the IS200, it was just the chrome inner that was coloured differently.