Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bit Of Help

Swift Chris

Good evening/morning/etc all

i do need a bit of help.

After working out a good deal with bigal for a set of wheels, i have manage to geta set of 5 spoke Is200 wheels for the swift sport

however i have occured a couple of issues. one the wheels being very very close to the caliper (there is still room tho) and also my bolts for the sport are tapered so they dont pretrude all the way through. So my question is, does anyone know the size of the standard bolt on the IS200? (all dimensions required please). That way i can work out what i need for standard fitting of these.

also im after spacers. Now i know the sports has a centre bore of 60.1mm (which i am lead to believe its same as the lexus). so my question is can spacers off an IS200 work for the Sport or would i need to get ones made up from somewhere custom wise?

All help welcome people :)

Search eBay for HUB CENTRIC spacers ( they will help stop wheel wobble a lot better than normal spacers) Your required thickness i.e 10mm 15mm etc. Make sure that they are PCD 114.3 and centre bore 60.1

Regarding the size of the wheel studs phone your local Lexus dealer for technical spec unless one of the IS lads on here has that info.

Terry

Thank you very much Terry

I was going to get hub centric spacers as ive been told they are the best ones to get. how do they compare to standard spacers so to speak? do these constantly sit on the hub compared to others that sit on the wheel face or am i being thick here

i am still a noob haha im trying to learn about parts etc for future reference you see :)

Only know the thread pattern for the nuts used on the IS matey and there 12x1.5 thread pattern, but not sure how long the studs are i'm afraid?

Edit: just found this on one of the eBay listings, if its any help mate?

Make: TOYOTA & LEXUS

Spacer Size: For 20mm wheel spacers

Bolt Pattern: 5/114.3

Width Size: 50mm Shank Length

Knurl Size: 14.3mm

Thread: 12 x 1.5

brilliant stuff matey thank you

im probabily going to get 15mm as the IS is 5mm closer to the caliper than standard wheels (SS offset is 50, IS is 45) but i now know what the 20mm is so i can work off that

brilliant stuff pal.

ill try find out what the bolt pattern on the sport is

Bolt pattern is the PCD It is 5 X 114.3 That is 5 holes spaced at 114.3mm

The difference between the normal spacer and hub centric is that the hub centric one set at your centre bore size means that it cannot move off centre.

The normal spacer just sits on the face of the drum so is not as secure or accurate.

Terry

One thing i would do mate, is when you have a wheel off the swift measure the length of the stud from the disc face to the tip to make sure the 50mm is longer than you have got allready? not 100% sure but think the ones on the IS are 35-40mm from the disc face?

And think the spline part of the studs is nearly 10mm and then 5 mm for the disc mounting face so you might have to take 15mm off the 50mm measurement? leaving you 35mm of mounting thread from the disc face, unless the studs are measured from the spline part + the 50mm making the stud 65mm in total.

So might be worth checking the lengh of the ones that you have at the moment to make sure :)

One thing i would do mate, is when you have a wheel off the swift measure the length of the stud from the disc face to the tip to make sure the 50mm is longer than you have got allready? not 100% sure but think the ones on the IS are 35-40mm from the disc face?

And think the spline part of the studs is nearly 10mm and then 5 mm for the disc mounting face so you might have to take 15mm off the 50mm measurement? leaving you 35mm of mounting thread from the disc face, unless the studs are measured from the spline part + the 50mm making the stud 65mm in total.

So might be worth checking the lengh of the ones that you have at the moment to make sure :)

you mean 50mm longer than standard ones or with spacers on