Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Your Opinions Please... Is200 To Is300

Hi All,

I pondering with the idea of part ex'ing my IS200 for an IS300.. Anyone think its a good idea?

Reasons for doing so:

1, My car is on a 99 and i want a newer Lexus..

2, The power of the IS200 after 2 years is kinda bothering me now.

3, The IS300 seems so much better than the 200.

4, Trading it in for an IS300 will probably only be 2k on top?

Worries....

Fuel consumption... Its probably the only reason why i'm worries about the swap. Anyone got any suggestions?

Also, what else about the IS300 is so much better that the 200. Just want to see if i know most of the answers?

Thanks All

fuel consumption is almost same as the is200...not much 'real world' mpg difference.

to me personally the way the 300 drives is way different to the is200.....best if you test drive one first.

Way different meaning better?

Only thing that would make me pause is the thought that that dark cloud of a possibly nasty TAX grouping..............They are (I believe) in Band K but this may go up and then you would be hammered for TAX to the tune of over £400 a year. If they leave it as it is then you will be paying around 210ish.

Only thing that would make me pause is the thought that that dark cloud of a possibly nasty TAX grouping..............They are (I believe) in Band K but this may go up and then you would be hammered for TAX to the tune of over £400 a year. If they leave it as it is then you will be paying around 210ish.

Very true, but seeing as the world is in an money crisis its a bit hard to tell whats the next step if for car tax. I hope it stays as K-band..!

P.S. bobski, do u have rear LED clusters on ur car..? or perhaps a black lexus with multispoke rims..? :whistling:

I am that 200 to 300 person !!

My 200 was really really fab, I started looking round with an open mind for a replacement, sat in all sorts of stuff, but it just was not the same.... then I made the mistake of test driving a 300, well that was that !!! ......tax at the moment is only the usual, mpg over the 200 i dont really notice much difference......blah blah blah.....but really its just bloody brill !!! no regrets, and post WIM just he motor for all circumstances....the smooth pull from 10mph is superb, cruising the tolls in europe is a breeze, and all in a (in my case) 7yr old motor, that mountain road in the Isle of Man...yyyyyyyyyyyess! This summer sees some tlc, usual IS wheel refurb etc.......but you get my drift don't you !

i agree, the 3 litre drive train from the gs is just so smooth and is a excellent match in the IS300 for a family 'type' car........ive been thinkin of changing the IS, but when i get into other cars they jus dont feel right i.e power,handling and most importantly refinement....where as the 300 allways puts a smile on my face and is a pleasure to drive anytime.

Very true, but seeing as the world is in an money crisis its a bit hard to tell whats the next step if for car tax. I hope it stays as K-band..!

P.S. bobski, do u have rear LED clusters on ur car..? or perhaps a black lexus with multispoke rims..? :whistling:

Fraid mine looks pretty much standard Royal Sapphire with sport grille.....Just a LEX plate to break from the norm. :)

I wouldn't have thought the tax situation is any different between the IS200 and IS300, the 200 just creeps into the top tax bracket (well the top one for pre 2006 cars). Anything over 225g/km is in.

I've never been in an IS300 but they do sound interesting, I guess they sound a bit meatier than the 200?

Only possible downside I can think of to owning the IS300 is that they are not as easy to sell on as the 200, but the 200's are also getting harder to shift at the moment.

I wouldn't have thought the tax situation is any different between the IS200 and IS300, the 200 just creeps into the top tax bracket (well the top one for pre 2006 cars). Anything over 225g/km is in.

I've never been in an IS300 but they do sound interesting, I guess they sound a bit meatier than the 200?

Only possible downside I can think of to owning the IS300 is that they are not as easy to sell on as the 200, but the 200's are also getting harder to shift at the moment.

Why do you think that is?? The IS200 is such a lovely car and you get so much for your money! I saw one the other day for sale at £2800 is it looked stunning! I really dont understnad why they are hard to shift.

I think I will have to drive the 300 and make my mind up from there.. Seems like as soon as i do the decision will be made for me..

I think the swap from 200 to 300 is pretty much a no brainer - if you have a manual now then there will be a fuel hit, but not massive, and if you have an auto the fuel difference is pretty much negligible.

Only reason I didn't buy a 300 in the first place was that I was 19 and insurance would have killed me :crybaby:

I think the swap from 200 to 300 is pretty much a no brainer - if you have a manual now then there will be a fuel hit, but not massive, and if you have an auto the fuel difference is pretty much negligible.

Only reason I didn't buy a 300 in the first place was that I was 19 and insurance would have killed me :crybaby:

Insurance for me isnt that bad, must be because insurance companies prefer girls.... :whistling::lol: although it is about £500 cheaper for me to insure an RX400h than my IS300, god knows why!!

Insurance for me isnt that bad, must be because insurance companies prefer girls.... :whistling::lol: although it is about £500 cheaper for me to insure an RX400h than my IS300, god knows why!!

Lol, equal rights my a**e! :lol:

Remember when I got it (long time ago now!) the IS200 was £1500 to insure, the 300 was almost double that - bizarrely even for me the RX300 was only a bit more than the 200 to insure, which doesn't make sense given the value of the vehicle, but I guess they think you'll be more sensible in an RX!

Hi All,

I pondering with the idea of part ex'ing my IS200 for an IS300.. Anyone think its a good idea?

Reasons for doing so:

Worries....

Fuel consumption... Its probably the only reason why i'm worries about the swap. Anyone got any suggestions?

Also, what else about the IS300 is so much better that the 200. Just want to see if i know most of the answers?

Thanks All

Hi All,

Reasons for doing so:

Worries....

Thanks All

Hi All,

Reasons for doing so:

Worries....

Thanks All