Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thank you everybody for your replies. I think I'll purchase one of the CDs from ebay. The knock sensor looks to be difficult to get to. I shall take pictures and make notes of the job at various stages. I'll post them here and use them to put the thing together again. It won't be done next weekend maybe the weekend after.

P.S. The fuel filter was a nasty job.

It would be good to ask the seller of the CD whether it covers your model, a lot of them on there are for cars 98` onwards.

The knock sensors are here. A bargain from an ebay auction. I'll replace the culprit at the weekend.

post-28190-1238104913.jpg

be great to see this back on the road, maybe i'll see you about. if you need parts you won't go far wrong than contact Maurice on stage-1@tiscali.co.uk this guy offers outstanding service on recycled parts.

hello

I've read above but must have lissed the year of the ls400.

If it's a 94 or earlier you should have no problems refiring the pistions, But late one then maybe a few things after refiring that might give you a few problems on running right.

If you have an 1993 1994 ucf11 or ucf10 1990 1992 models then just ask if you need info or have a look at some of my threads, that should help.

At the weekend I fitted two new knock sensors. If you have never done this let me tell you, you don't want to. I have some pictures on my camera I'll upload a little later. The job was a nasty one, it included much swearing and once done, a lot of drinking. The car now runs much better, on cold start before there was a lot of badly timed firing. There is now only one ECU error code left to deal with. Code 1-3. On reading up, this seems to be due to the cam belt being fitted incorrectly. I have eliminated both cam sensors and loom ( 1.2kOhm for both sensors with 6.5kOhm back to the ecu) the only other one is the crank position sensor, I haven't got to it yet. The cam belt was last done when I was still at school so it looks like it is time for another nasty job. I'll replace all the associated parts at the same time. If anyone has any advice I'm all ears.

• 3 weeks later...
At the weekend I fitted two new knock sensors. If you have never done this let me tell you, you don't want to. I have some pictures on my camera I'll upload a little later. The job was a nasty one, it included much swearing and once done, a lot of drinking. The car now runs much better, on cold start before there was a lot of badly timed firing. There is now only one ECU error code left to deal with. Code 1-3. On reading up, this seems to be due to the cam belt being fitted incorrectly. I have eliminated both cam sensors and loom ( 1.2kOhm for both sensors with 6.5kOhm back to the ecu) the only other one is the crank position sensor, I haven't got to it yet. The cam belt was last done when I was still at school so it looks like it is time for another nasty job. I'll replace all the associated parts at the same time. If anyone has any advice I'm all ears.

How's it coming along Dude?

• 2 weeks later...

It drives ok, however I need to get more money spent on it. Cam belt and water pump kit, maybe tyres and a bumper respray. The MOT ( Pinkslip in Australia) is due in a couple of weeks so until that I'm doing nothing else. I got back from a two year stay in Australia last October and bought a V8 right away. Mind you I was getting 22 miles to the gallon over there with petrol costing about 50p a litre. Now I'm getting about 27 and it is costing 96p a litre. However, I'm not driving from Sydney to Cairns and back again.

I did the MOT early to give me time to sort it out.

Failure list:

1) Registration plate bulb. Easy.

2) Two rear tyres. Cheap part worn ones (Continental somethings) £50 fitted.

3) Hole in centre section of exhaust. I will look at this tomorrow to see about doing a quick bodge job.

4) A combination of minor windscreen chips in zone a amounting to a failure. I'm fully comp and know a mate who works for a large windscreen company who does this for a living. Sweet.

That's it.

Not bad for a badly treated older motor.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links