Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All - I have decided to early-terminate my lease deal so will be handing the car back in the next few days. I have had many weeks umming and ahhing about whether to keep or bail out and finally decided to bail out. I have to say the local dealer has been fantastic for service but not so good on coming up with much effort to sell me a new vehicle (its usually the other way around isnt it) so the next one is not a lexus - back to BMW.

this forum is brill and i used it before buying to learn and after buying to learn more and share when I could - many thanks to everyone and good luck.

Hi All - I have decided to early-terminate my lease deal so will be handing the car back in the next few days. I have had many weeks umming and ahhing about whether to keep or bail out and finally decided to bail out. I have to say the local dealer has been fantastic for service but not so good on coming up with much effort to sell me a new vehicle (its usually the other way around isnt it) so the next one is not a lexus - back to BMW.

this forum is brill and i used it before buying to learn and after buying to learn more and share when I could - many thanks to everyone and good luck.

Nice one . Any reason? Or is it that you need to change now?

I am following you too. Just had offer of a 325d Saloon Auto M Sport, new idrive is real cool and I have accepted offer. I pick mine up next week too.

Can't believe how good the BMW engine is. Smooth, powerful, economy. It has it all.

What BMW are you to get?

mine goes back in 30 days, can you let me no how keen they are when they collect the car, such as any kerb damage to wheels ect, i am having mine done in the next few days so shouldnt have a problem but would be interested to no how they inspect the car

mine goes back in 30 days, can you let me no how keen they are when they collect the car, such as any kerb damage to wheels ect, i am having mine done in the next few days so shouldnt have a problem but would be interested to no how they inspect the car

I can only speak of Mercedes, but when they collected mine the inspection was pretty much ok, he pointed out a couple of minor points. It's when it has a "proper" inspection back at base that the problems start. Looking back at it, I think the guys collecting are looking for a farily easy life and don't want a huge arguement on the doorstep. Merc wrote to me demanding £800 for "outside wear and tear" damage. Three month and lots of letters later they settled on £125. If you are in any doubt I would take loads of photos to prove the car is as good as you think it is!

Good luck, and I'd be interested to hear how it goes.

I can only speak of Mercedes, but when they collected mine the inspection was pretty much ok, he pointed out a couple of minor points. It's when it has a "proper" inspection back at base that the problems start. Looking back at it, I think the guys collecting are looking for a farily easy life and don't want a huge arguement on the doorstep. Merc wrote to me demanding £800 for "outside wear and tear" damage. Three month and lots of letters later they settled on £125. If you are in any doubt I would take loads of photos to prove the car is as good as you think it is!

Good luck, and I'd be interested to hear how it goes.

I am terminating early because i am in negative equity but have paid half so the logic is - go on with the lease and be in even more neg or bail out if you can - i have paid half so bailed. As I said I would have thought my local salesman would have tried harder to get me into another Lexus - as I think back I have enquired 3 times about a 450 and still never got a drive, a call back or some numbers.

You ring LexFS and they checkout you are eligable then send a form - once you send the form it is a done deal. with the form they sent me a booklet outlining the industry fair wear and tear standard approved by the AA and RAC. It looks reasonablew to me and shows photographs of what is ok and what is not. My understanding is that once the driver has inspected and signed that is the end of the responsibility. I think my car is fine and well within all of the acceptable stuff so do not anticipate a problem but will let you know for completness after it has gone.

Another thing - my understanding was that early termination was regardless of mileage but in fact they need the mileage to be in line. Also - they asked on the form when the tax runs out - in my opinion the tax is mine and it is mine to claim refund on so that one has to play out yet.

As for my next car - I decided to buy used and have someone else take the major depreciation hit but at the same time - and for the same sort of money - have a car that would really light my lights. So I have bought a 2 year old fully loaded 6 series for 40% of its original cost :=) As far as we know, you only live once....................

It has gone.

Lexus FS send Mannaheim guys round, checked the car over - no issues and drove it away.

I keep the car tax and claim a refund since it is my rent money.

Bye all and thanks again - I wont be checking back so PM me if any specifics re this process if you need more.