Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radiator Fan Comes On Too Often?

Hi all,

My radiator fan is coming on too often.

The engine temp is as always is (just under half way). Fluid levels all seem ok too. Just no matter how i drive the fan seems to be turning on and off the whole time!

any ideas what the problem could be or what to look at???

cheers.

My fans also kick in at the same time (when the temp gauge is just under half way).

If you do lots of city driving, the fans will kick in more often.

I think this is normal for the IS, I'm sure someone will confirm this.

My fans also kick in at the same time (when the temp gauge is just under half way).

If you do lots of city driving, the fans will kick in more often.

I think this is normal for the IS, I'm sure someone will confirm this.

Def not normal.

Had the car just over 2 years now and its only been in the last couple of weeks its been happening.

most of the driving i do is in the country anyway as i live on north coast o Scotland.

I know that the fan comes on and off once the temp gets up to stop it overheating its just that recently it is turning on and off too often. It is obviously doing its job as the engine temp remains ok but iwas wondering if it could be a partially blocked radiator or something???

Hi all,

The engine temp is as always is (just under half way). Fluid levels all seem ok too. Just no matter how i drive the fan seems to be turning on and off the whole time!

cheers.

Do you have the air-conditioning switched on? If so, does switching it off make a difference?

Hi all,

cheers.

Do you have the air-conditioning switched on? If so, does switching it off make a difference?

I usually have the aircon on. will try putting it off tomorrow.

still......ive always driven with it on but ive only had this problem the last coupleof weeks!

got a guy having a look in a couple of days but if i could get as many opinions as to what he should be looking for would be great!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links