Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Supercharger

hi there

buying a supercharger soon and i have few questions

1)what does the hks sqv do? where would i find one?

2)what is the hks fcd as im getting it with the kit?

3)how does the induction kit sound?

4)would it need a remap for it to run proper?

thanks

1) The HKS SSQV is a Blow off Valve, like a dump valve. Not really needed with the kit. but i have one and it dumps nicely at hard acceleration.

2) The HKS FCD replaces the standard black box, basically its just a fuel cut. Basically when the car sees boost over about 0.2bar it has a fit, so this just lies to the ECU to tell it everythings fine.

3)LOUD! but awesome! i've been told more than once it sounds like something from "Mad Max"

4) Theres no way to re-map unless you get a piggyback ECU like the Emanage ultimate, i had one and there is improvements to be made but the kit is very good with just the FCD.

You buying Jay's kit?

Stav

But r there any differences between the black box and hks fcd? I know the black box has been known to fail,but when all is well are the two units essentially the same?

Have a look here mate

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=55364&hl=

Though i've got my hands on a design thats more like the TTE box and just has a fuel cut rather than a clipped signal through the range like the HKS.

Looking at how viable to get some made up, They shouldnt cost more than £30ish quid for LOC members.

Stav

well i have a choice. i could buy it from the person who prolex sold it to or jay if it still for sale

anyone have a video of something how the sqv sounds like

thanks

i was also wondering what ecu would be the best

One of the links that Stav posted, this one, had a whole load of stuff about the different ECUs available. Stav seems to have had a lot of success with the GReddy Emanage Ultimate. You'll already be getting the TTE "black box" in the kit that you've bought.

i will be getting the hks fcd with kit instead of the black box

thanks

i will be getting the hks fcd with kit instead of the black box

Ah ok. Well the TTE black box is reputedly not very reliable, so the HKS FCD sounds like a good option. That's all you need to get going. You don't *need* the other ECUs, it's just that they will give you additional options (e.g. mapping).