Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

About To Install Ipod Audio Grom.

Hi all,

After much trawling through the topics and forums i have decided to buy the audioGrom kit for the Ipod eBay number: 170308228506.

I own a V registered (2000) IS200 sport, i also have the bottom loader stereo currently displaying Err3 which also happens to have 6 discs stuck in it! The model number is 13902. This I think is where the problem lies.My understanding is that some of these models work and some dont.

This is where you brainy lot come in, that is if you have this particular model and have installed the Ipod Grom audio kit. Will it work for me...

I have spoken to the guy at the eBay shop and he says that it should work, They also offer a full refund by the way.He advises that "Our compatibility chart suggest that these kits are for 2001 up but I would bet the adapter would fit your car, you need the V2 for early Lexus that has the TOY1 cable (eBay item 170308228506)"

So in your opinion should I take the plunge and order the kit, or is it all going to fail miserably?

I have half taken the dash apart in order to remove the stereo, thanks to all the great info in the forums, I really have to say there is a wealth of invaluable information within these pages!!!

Your input will be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

Manny.

Ahh yes, that's the one thing I forgot to ask was what model number headunit you had - it works with them all except the infamous 13902, so unfortunately I don't think it'll work with yours.

I think it may have worked for 1 or 2 members, but it really is hit or miss whether it does or not. If the seller is happy to take it back if it doesn't, then might be worth trying out.

Alternatively I know a member also bought the Xcarlink kit and it worked - can't remember if it was a 13902 or if it would have the same issues, but might be worth looking into that one as well.

Given that this looks a bit hit and miss, why not replace the whole head unit ? You can get a much better head unit with lots of extra features, e.g. Bluetooth, MP3 playback etc, etc.

Aye,

I think i might just give it a miss and go for a whole new head unit. I can't tell you what i am gonna do to this one when i get it out! :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Thanks for all the info though....

Mine didnt work with the 13902, but I recently found some information on the American IS site which tells you how to reset the 13902 so that it will work. I havnt tried it yet as I cant be bothered :lol: but will get around to it one day.

Mine didnt work with the 13902, but I recently found some information on the American IS site which tells you how to reset the 13902 so that it will work. I havnt tried it yet as I cant be bothered :lol: but will get around to it one day.

Any updates on this mate?

I still havnt tried it. I wrote the instructions down somewhere I'll try and find them out.

Basically it involves flicking a series of switches in a certain order that will reset the headunit and hopefulyl make it recognise CD2.