Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audi R8 Style Sidelights?

Hi everyone at LOC,

I've got myself a lexus IS200 a few months ago and i've just decided to start tinkerin a bit with small things.

I've seen Audi style sidelights that are basically a white strip of LEDs, Just wondered how easy it would be to wire them in and if i stick em in the lense and how legal are they?

Quite a few people on here have done LED eyebrows, same concept but with the strips along the top of the headlight. I don't think you'll have any problems with the law for them, and wiring is pretty straightforward as you just wire to the sidelight, but make sure to do it properly and use fuses as there was one case where they caught fire..........

Welcome to LOC btw :)

This was done by a few members on here a while back. All in all they looked pretty good and I'm not aware of any legal issues. Only thing to be carefull about is wiring them in with an appropriately very low value fuse. One member almost had an underbonnet fire when one strip failed and began to burn.

I'm in the process of doing this myself, putting them on top of the headlight as has been suggested (if you want to put them inside then you'll need to bake the headlamps in the oven to soften the glue for opening up, try searching for more info on this).

I bought some fuse-holders from Maplin and some 160mA quick-blow fuses from eBay. The LED strips that you want are the ones with 24 LEDs like these ones, if you're going for mounting them on the top.

can we have pictures please of how people have wired these up as the thought has crossed my mind a few times about getting these.

ask stav i think he has one fitted -would like to have it also but no time or i should say lazy at times heheheh

Yeah the wiring is very simple. I intend to take some pics of mine once I get them in, just to show it, but as Stav said there's nothing to it really. Just remember to use a fuse for electrical safety reasons. As was said earlier in the thread, one member's car actually started to catch fire at WIM once because there was a problem and they hadn't used a fuse ! :ohmy:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links