Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Really Stupid Question

Hui guys I have an 04/04 is200 with full leather and 17in wheels. I thought it was a sport but it doesn't have a lip spoiler on the boot. The car is totaly standard and one owner from new never mod's. Will it have a LSD ??? ot has standard HID headlights also.

I know this is a really stupid question

its probably an se does it have the tinted sports rear windows

no mate the windows are the same all round. It has Sport wheels on it which where on from New. could the 1st owner bought them as a extra. does the LSD look any different to a standard Diff.

its probably an se does it have the tinted sports rear windows

no mate the windows are the same all round. It has Sport wheels on it which where on from New. could the 1st owner bought them as a extra. does the LSD look any different to a standard Diff.

on looking about was there a sprecial edition from 04 onwards????? maybe it could be special edition

Don't think there's any such thing as 17" "sport" wheels. When they changed from 5 spoke to multi-spoke they did that across the whole range. There were the 18" Styling kit alloys but they were an additional option for all models.

The fact that there's no rear tint means it's either SE or LE.

I think they switched to full leather for SE at some point possibly 04.

As Hando says there's no such thing as sport alloys, the SE and the Sport have the same alloys.

Given that you have standard HIDs, it's definitely an LE - I'm guessing you also have the one-off light grey paint and the different front grille........

ok, found it. Information courtesy of Carles :
See the vin plate, where it says "axle" there are 4 characters, e.g. A02A or A02B. Check the fourth character - "A" means open (non-LSD) diff and "B" means LSD.

Thanks guys as always you are a font of knowledge.

Im on my way to look at the VIN plate now cheers.

ok, found it. Information courtesy of Carles :
See the vin plate, where it says "axle" there are 4 characters, e.g. A02A or A02B. Check the fourth character - "A" means open (non-LSD) diff and "B" means LSD.

Thanks guys as always you are a font of knowledge.

Im on my way to look at the VIN plate now cheers.

Just incase any of are interested lol the car doesnt have a LSD so therefore it must be a limited edition. with the one off grey colour and HID lights. So the next question is in the glasses guide the LE doesnt book so would you value it as a sport or a SE. ??? any thoughts

The LE was based on the SE, so valuations should be based on that. However, the 2004 SE was exactly the same as the LE except for the HIDs, special grille and the paint. Therefore it would vary on how much someone thought these items are worth, but technically not much, so wouldn't expect it to be worth much more than an SE.

Bizarrely Parkers actually values the LE at less than the SE (no idea why):

'04' LE:

Original Price £20,783

Franchised Dealer £6,330

Independent Dealer £6,030

Private Good £5,665

Private Poor £4,460

Part Exchange £4,760

'04' SE:

Original Price £20,323

Franchised Dealer £6,460

Independent Dealer £6,150

Private Good £5,780

Private Poor £4,550

Part Exchange £4,855

I absolutely love that colour!! I didn't realise that was the only colour the LE came in. It all got a bit confusing with the run out IS's. I've also seen an IS300 LE?

Ok think i was getting confused with the other colour which i think was new, Antimony?

There were also loads of SE on run out that looked the same as the LE (minus the grey, grill and HIDs)

There was an IS200 and an IS300 LE........although for the IS300 it really was just a different grille and paint, as it already had HIDs and leather.

The LE was introduced at the end of 2003, and ran into early 04, and following this the spec of the SE and Sport were upgraded to almost match the LE (minus the HIDs and grille, but adding full leather and the same 11 spoke alloys). However, as this was just an SE or a Sport they were available in all colours including the new one, Antimony, which was similar but more of a bluey grey.

Agree it did get a bit confusing as a lot of people (main dealers included) started advertising the later spec SEs as LEs for some reason.........

You sound like Parkers Car Guide Pathiban! I think this has cleared up the topic! Lol! And my confusion! :) Wouldn't mind an IS300 LE!

Lol, due to some unfortunate circumstances I had a ton of courtesy cars around that time for quite extended periods (almost 6 months I was in and out of courtesy cars) so got well acquainted with the different variations in the IS! :lol:

It does get hard to tell the late models apart, one way is to look at the steering wheel, if it's a Sport it will have grey pieces of leather near where you put your hands.

Mine 54 plate is a Sport and it has this. Not sure why really because I guess it was designed to key in with the dashboard when it was two tone.

It does get hard to tell the late models apart, one way is to look at the steering wheel, if it's a Sport it will have grey pieces of leather near where you put your hands.

Mine 54 plate is a Sport and it has this. Not sure why really because I guess it was designed to key in with the dashboard when it was two tone.

sorry for late reply the pic that was put up of the kodak sky car is exactley the same as mine. Thanks guys you lot are grear cheers