Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pedals

I bought a set of aluminium sport pedals off an IS300 to put on my car, and the thing I didn't realise before I bought them is that it's not just a case of replacing the pedal - but you have to replace the entire arm (as it all seems to be one piece)

357773410.jpg

Is this difficult to do? The obvious worry is that I don't want to attempt it myself and then find myself with no brakes at some point! If it's in any way tricky I'll get my dealer to do it but if it's just a case of a few bolts then I'll give it a go :)

Mate is really easy..... I didnt realise how easy until i saw my local mechanic fit them!!!! But if you want peace of mind then ABM will do them for you no problems. Took about 15min for mine. I got mine from Japan when i was there last year.

The brake pedal i would have thought come off and just clips over.

the footrest is a matter of unsrcewing some screws and swapping over,

The accelerater is a little harder but not that much.

I changed some in the dark at JAE this year.

Hmmm, I'll have another look at it then as to be honest that's the scariest looking pedal to replace - the accelerator doesn't look as tough.

Hmmm, I'll have another look at it then as to be honest that's the scariest looking pedal to replace - the accelerator doesn't look as tough.

i didnt realise that its a whole thing but it does look scary mate. give it a bash and see how it goes. im sure if you get stuck other members on here may be able to help

• 1 month later...

Sorry to revive this old thread, but was having a go at this over the weekend and couldn't get the original footrest off........tried pulling off one of the plastic circles in the middle thinking it was a screw cover, but it just snapped the end off :unsure:

I'll be doing this soon (just the footrest). At the moment only seen 2 circular caps that looks like it comes off, but will do this maybe this weekend.

Yep those circular caps are not caps covering screws (which is what I thought they were) - they are just the tops of a long plastic push to fit type thing. Trying to pry it off just snapped the top off it.

I changed mine just yesterday. You may have to remove and swap the accelerator pedal cover and pins as the complete IS300 gas pedal is bent differently to the IS200. A direct swap wasn't possible with mine. Of course, i found that out after i removed the whole assmebly thinking it was going to be a direct swap :crybaby: The break pedal is bent differently as well (assuming you got this off a USDM LHD is300 like me) but luckly you just have to remove and replace the rubber cover for that :shifty:

they screw out mate.

long thread on them though

stav

Ahh, wish I had waited for that but in the end it didn't matter anyway...........

I changed mine just yesterday. You may have to remove and swap the accelerator pedal cover and pins as the complete IS300 gas pedal is bent differently to the IS200. A direct swap wasn't possible with mine. Of course, i found that out after i removed the whole assmebly thinking it was going to be a direct swap :crybaby: The break pedal is bent differently as well (assuming you got this off a USDM LHD is300 like me) but luckly you just have to remove and replace the rubber cover for that :shifty:

Yep I did get them from the US off an IS300 and was a little naive as to how easy the swap would be. Brake pedal as you say was easy, simply swap the rubber cover. Accelerator pedal is different, and stupidly didn't notice this until I was fitting it! Again though, the pedal swap was so easy that I should have just done that in the first place.

Footrest was the hardest as I don't think I had the right fittings anyway, plus the LHD one is a completely different size and shape to the existing one in my IS200. However, this is where breaking the tops off those long screws paid off as I could push the new footrest over those prongs now sticking out and it holds it surprisingly well in place.

It took a lot of cutting and shaping to make it fit perfectly but I'm pretty happy with the end result.............pics will follow later :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links