Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello Everybody!

Instructor

Hi all,

Nice little site you have here!

Just a quick note to say 'hi' and to introduce myself. We (actually Instructor Sr) bought a pre registered IS250 SR with 10 miles on the clock last weekend and we are picking it up on Saturday morning. Got a good deal on the car and it is nicely featured with the Multimedia pack with the DVD sat-nav and the Mark Levisnson audio. The car is a deep metallic grey, not sure of the proper name for it.

Anyway, it will be a shared car largly, which is nice for me, and we're really looking forward to picking it up in a few days. Is there anything inparticular we should be looking for on collection?

Looking forward to talking with you on the other boards.

EDIT:

Should probably add that it is an auto.....

Hi, welcome to LOC!

Sounds a nice car you've bought there, those SRs are very tempting given the discounts they're offering on them! The dark grey is called cadoxton slate btw :)

Did you get them to throw in the latest nav DVD that allows inputs while moving (or has it got it already)?

Hi, welcome to LOC!

Sounds a nice car you've bought there, those SRs are very tempting given the discounts they're offering on them! The dark grey is called cadoxton slate btw :)

Did you get them to throw in the latest nav DVD that allows inputs while moving (or has it got it already)?

Ooooh, I have no idea, didn't know there were different DVDs... I would imagine it might be the older one, the car was registered about 3 months ago if that's any help. Is it worth giving them a call? Should I expect to get the new disc put in or it it pushing our luck? Already got a Superguard thing and full tank of fuel thrown in.

Thanks for the fast reply :)

Ooooh, I have no idea, didn't know there were different DVDs... I would imagine it might be the older one, the car was registered about 3 months ago if that's any help. Is it worth giving them a call? Should I expect to get the new disc put in or it it pushing our luck? Already got a Superguard thing and full tank of fuel thrown in.

Not really sure, might be worth a shot though as the worst they can say is no!

Not really sure, might be worth a shot though as the worst they can say is no!

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Spoke to the dealer. He said that yes, it has the latest disc, and that as it was the Mark Levinson/sat-nav pack, it was different to the 'normal' sat-navs and that it makes no difference with regards to the safety lock feature.

Don'k know whether his is fobbing us off or not, I'll check the version on saturday and consult you chaps again!

I'll get some photos up of the car, too. It looks really good with the body kit on!

Spoke to the dealer. He said that yes, it has the latest disc, and that as it was the Mark Levinson/sat-nav pack, it was different to the 'normal' sat-navs and that it makes no difference with regards to the safety lock feature.

Eh? He seems confused, up until now you can't input destinations while the car is moving, but the latest DVD now allows this - if you visit this site (CLICK HERE) there's a bit more info. I wouldn't worry about it, as it's only useful if your passenger wants to put an address in :)

Which dealer are you buying from?

Eh? He seems confused, up until now you can't input destinations while the car is moving, but the latest DVD now allows this - if you visit this site (CLICK HERE) there's a bit more info. I wouldn't worry about it, as it's only useful if your passenger wants to put an address in :)

Which dealer are you buying from?

Canterbury. It's over 45 miles away, but our local dealer in Sidcup was rubbish, the sales guy never returned calls, was patronising and a bit of an idiot, to be completely honest.

I'm thinking of situations where you would want to access or input information on the screen. For instance in top/start traffic, looking for alternative routes or whatever. Or perhaps wanting to check traffic conditions or look at a route overview like I would on my portable Garmin unit. But obviously without much experience with the system, I will just have to wait and see.

Thanks for the link. I will have a little read up on that this afternoon. I'm reluctant to push any further with the disc version, I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with the dealer!

Is Sidcup one of the ones that's part of the Jemca group? I bought my car from Edgware Road who are really good on the sales side of things (same group) so surprised it doesn't follow round (if they are indeed the same group)

You can still operate certain functions in motion, just things like destination input are disabled. Yep I wouldn't push hard for it, just thought it was worth asking in case they'd throw it in. In any case as an 08/09 car it may already have the latest DVD in :)

Is Sidcup one of the ones that's part of the Jemca group? I bought my car from Edgware Road who are really good on the sales side of things (same group) so surprised it doesn't follow round (if they are indeed the same group)

You can still operate certain functions in motion, just things like destination input are disabled. Yep I wouldn't push hard for it, just thought it was worth asking in case they'd throw it in. In any case as an 08/09 car it may already have the latest DVD in :)

I hope so. I found out the car was taxed in january so I cant imagine it being very long off the production line. The website you posted made absolutely no sense to me what-so-ever! Without the manual or knowing the splash screens it's hard to say what model sat-nav it has and what version it has. Will know in a couple of days, though!

Yeah I think it is Jemca. The Toyota part (next door to the Lexus showroom) had moved from down the road, and that was Jemca. Neither showroom had the dealership name on the buildings from memory. So one presumes it is still within the same group. The guy that we spoke to was very off-putting. A bit condescending, and after keeping us waiting for ages gave us the most useless 10 minute test drive.

Canterbury was much better, more friendly sales guy, 30 minute+ test drive, and couldn't do enough to please us. The way it should be, really.

As far as the hand-over goes, is there anything we should be looking for, like known issues? Obviously will be checking paint and bodywork, and the interior for scuffs and stuff.

I have the latest generation Civic, and there is a list as long as your arm for things to look out for. Miss-aligned tail-gates, dodgy panel fitting, knocking suspension, poor paint, creaking windscreens, the list goes on. I have read a few threads on here, but most seem to be pointing at the diesel injectors or just niggles like rattles and stuff.