Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie, Help On Performance

Ben.

Hi, This is my first post, so hi to all of you lexus owners, what a car..! I have only had the car 5 weeks and i have fallen in love with it. The car is a 2000 Plate, Black, Sport 6 speed, + 18 Inch Black Wheels With dunlop sp9000 on. I am looking at giving it some extra bhp, and was wondering if someone has any ideas on how to achieve this. I dont have the money for a turbo conversion or SC, lets say i have £1500 give or take a few quid. Is there any high lift cams avalible or does this affect the vvti. Thanks In Advance, Ben. :)

Welecome to LOC,

Supercharger or turbo is the only way to get more power, mate.

2nd hand superchargers sell for about £2k (i think?), so if you can find an extra £500 you should be able to get your hands on a supercharger (subject to availability). The supercharger will add 50-60bhp.

You might be able to gain small increases in bhp by using induction kits, performance exhausts etc.

^^^^ agree totally if your after fast then you've bought the wrong car :lol: S/C or Turbo is really the only way to go, not really wasting your money on exhausts and induction kits as they will really only effect the noise not the power.

Welcome to LOC btw.

Hi Guys, Thanks For the warm welcome. Ok That sounds great, a supercharger it will be. Where the Hell can i get one from though..? If anyone has one for sale and is reading this please contact me. Can you not use a SC off a different Car..? Thanks Ben.

The thing about the TTE charger kit is that it's just that, i.e. a kit designed to bolt on to your IS200 in a very straightforward way. Yes, in theory you could buy your own charger and then design and make your own piping, get an intercooler, etc, but that would be pretty complicated.

Keep your eyes on the "For Sale" forum, they do crop up from time to time, not sure if there is one available there at the moment.