Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is250 Vsc Problem

HI guys my VSC light came on few days ago i have a is250 on a 55 plate, it shows the engine light and the traction control light on the dash so had it read for error codes and two came back the first is P0037 and the other is H02S, the first to is the lambor sensor and the other one was a heating element! can anyone advise me whats the best thing to do and how to sort the problem out and where to get parts for a good price please? thanks

mubz

Have you asked your Lexus dealer for a quote? Reason I ask I think there are two sensors and it's not always clear which one needs doing.

P0037 Wiring short to earth, HO2S, ECM control - circuit low Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 2, bank 1, heater

Think it's difficult to get to, if I remember the easiest way is from inside the car.

HI guys my VSC light came on few days ago i have a is250 on a 55 plate, it shows the engine light and the traction control light on the dash so had it read for error codes and two came back the first is P0037 and the other is H02S, the first to is the lambor sensor and the other one was a heating element! can anyone advise me whats the best thing to do and how to sort the problem out and where to get parts for a good price please? thanks

mubz

I recently had this come up on my 07 is250. The dealer said it needed a new oxygen sensor.On the day I took it in for the job to be done they told me they had just had a notice about this possible fault from Lexus and that the solution was to replace the main ecu.This they did (or so they told me) and luckily it is still under warrenty, I hate to thnk what it cost.If yours is out of warrenty you should argue that this is a fault that they have been notified of and get them to hopefully change the ecu for nothing or at least reduced cost. I assume my dealer was telling me the truth about this notice but others on here may know different. My car went in on the 15.1.09 and thats the date they said they received the notice from Lexus.

Good luck with your dealer.

Al.

ok guys thanks for the advice, well i should have said its bank 1, sensor 2! what is this? is this the sensor on the cat of the exahust as there are four? the main dealer in woodford are only interested in me if i am willing to spend my money with them otherwise they suggest we cant help until we have seen the car ourselves! And i agree that its a common fault with these cars i have heard aswell!

mubz

ok guys thanks for the advice, well i should have said its bank 1, sensor 2! what is this? is this the sensor on the cat of the exahust as there are four? the main dealer in woodford are only interested in me if i am willing to spend my money with them otherwise they suggest we cant help until we have seen the car ourselves! And i agree that its a common fault with these cars i have heard aswell!

mubz

Woodford are really helpful, I'd take the car into them and let them have a look. Once they tell you what's wrong you can decide what you want to do next - they've never charged me before to look at the car and it's that sort of service that means I'm still using them even though my car is almost 7 years old :)

They'll even help you if it's a potential warranty issue, if you're particularly nervous about it make sure to deal with James as he's a top bloke.