Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all.

I am really happy with my LS430 (2002) and I am really really enjoying my drives to work.

HOWEVER,

I just noticed that the 'check VSC' and the warning triangle is on.

I really dont know how i missed it when I was checking the car before buying....

But anyway....has anyone got any idea what the VSC is and how I can rectify this problem

it's really making me worried

Please help....

Thanks

Hi all.

I am really happy with my LS430 (2002) and I am really really enjoying my drives to work.

HOWEVER,

I really dont know how i missed it when I was checking the car before buying....

But anyway....has anyone got any idea what the VSC is and how I can rectify this problem

Please help....

Thanks

Its the Vehicle Stability Control.

According to the owners manual on an LS400 its...

After the removal of the Battery terminals, an initial adjustment should be made.

At this time the reminder light comes on and the warning message appears in the multi information display.

Make an initial adjustment in the following ways.

A: Apply parking brake and put transmission in P

B: Connect Battery terminals

C: Turn ignition switch on. At this time the VSC off indicator light comes on and the CHECK VSC warning message appears.

D: The warning message and the VSC OFF indicator light go out about 15 seconds after the ignition is turned on. If the vehicle is shaken after the ignition

switch is turned to ON it may take longer to go out the warning message.

If the warning message does not go out after about 1 minute after you turn the ignition on, turn it off then on again.

It this does not cure it then it could be the Vehicle Stability Control System has malfunctioned and should be checked by a Lexus dealer.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all.

HOWEVER,

Please help....

Thanks

hi, I have just come back to loc after a long time,and ur post caught my eye. I just have had the same problem with my 430. i have had the the timing and drive belts changed as well as the plugs recently.my car has had the vsc light on for a while now .it is also noticeably noisier. had a diagnostic done and was told a 'cylinder misfire'. it drives fine but on idle you can feel the misfire(especially in gear). lexus are going to have a look next week as they are baffled(??).

will let u know the result .

hi welcome back,have just received possible BAD news.with regards to my misfire and vsc light ;had compression test done today,could mean a burnt out valve seating. i had used the bk44 system cleaner recently.my man at lexus says it 'may have caused damage to the valve seat'. will b taking it to the guys who did my conversion for a second opinion.

problem is that lexus hardly ever get these problems ,hence the unsure diagnosis. :crying::crying:

will keep u posted

hi, have been trying to get a second opinion- looks bad for me! my second mechanic says he needs to take the head off! still cylinder n1 misfire.

however a third opinion says it could be a 'sticking hydraulic shifter valve'. he is giving me some oil treatment (trade quality) to try out.hopefully it will do the trick. anybody had same probs and any answers-pleeeease?

still having same problem.consesus has shifted to a' sticking hydraulic lifter'. any one had this problem? if so whats the cure? tanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links