Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Buying A Rs200 Turbo

Guv

Hi all ive just signed up the the forum to see if theres any thing you guys and gals can help me with .

at the moment i drive a ford f150 v8 pickup i dont want to get rid of it but i do if you get me lol . i like my bmw's and i use to have a compact that i supercharged as i regret selling it ever since . Now while looking for another bmw to buy and superchrage i came across the altezza rs 200 turbo ive always like the is200 so it seems like a good idea .

so what im really getting at is if any body would know if its gonna be worth getting rid of my v8 pickup for a an altezza rs200 turbo ? and really how much is a 1998 one worth with 60,000 miles on the clock ? i do really like the one i have found but looking around at other modles and seeing the differance in the prices is also making me think as a uk is200 on a 98 plate can get for as little as £3.5 . but the altzza z edition is a lovly looking motor .

also is there any thing to look at for on the turbo'd ones if i was to go and view any ? or any other problems ?

be great if any one could be of help in any way as im stuck in middle and dont know what to choose lol

Welcome to LOC!

I don't know much about this sort of thing to be honest, but I didn't think there was an actual RS200 Turbo so if it has a turbo it's most likely a custom job. Therefore it's hard to price cars like that, it all depends on how much someone is willing to pay for it.

How much is it up for?

Welcome to the club matey :D

Which one are you looking at if you dont mind us asking? There is a silver one on eBay and in the autotrader which appeared in the redline magazine a bit back? but a few people have seen it and have said its not the best around? But not sure as i havnt seen it myself :unsure:

If it was me i'd have a look at the white TOMS 280T thats for sale in the autotrader at the moment, as its a rare version and supposed to put out 280ish bhp and only 100 were ever made B)

Another thought is, have a look for a member on here called Mr Singh, he had a supercharged altezza and was a stunning motor, probably one of the best i've seen, might give you a few ideas on the car? :)

Welcome to the club matey :D

Which one are you looking at if you dont mind us asking? There is a silver one on ebay and in the autotrader which appeared in the redline magazine a bit back? but a few people have seen it and have said its not the best around? But not sure as i havnt seen it myself :unsure:

If it was me i'd have a look at the white TOMS 280T thats for sale in the autotrader at the moment, as its a rare version and supposed to put out 280ish bhp and only 100 were ever made B)

Another thought is, have a look for a member on here called Mr Singh, he had a supercharged altezza and was a stunning motor, probably one of the best i've seen, might give you a few ideas on the car? :)

that white one's been up for sale for a long time - its a Keighley supplied car IIRC so not the best reputation.....does look nice though!!

welcome mate,

i wouldnt buy the one on ebay just because of the Louis Vitton interior! :(

There was no turbo tezza's produced except for the Toms 280T which was a limited edition turbo model, 100 made and 10 given to 10 different garages. After that anything with a supercharger or turbo is an aftermarket mod. When its comes to what to look out for though I'm not 100% sure as mine is N/A.

Cheers for all your replys .

the one you speak of on eBay is one of the ones i found but also found a couple others . but by the looks of things the toms 280t edition looks like the winner out of them all as i like to be different and i like white cars lol . i found the one on autotrader i have also heard about there rep so not to sure on that one cant seem to find any others .

how reliable are the toms edition ? and do thay all go for that sort of price ?

Cheers for all your replys .

the one you speak of on ebay is one of the ones i found but also found a couple others . but by the looks of things the toms 280t edition looks like the winner out of them all as i like to be different and i like white cars lol . i found the one on autotrader i have also heard about there rep so not to sure on that one cant seem to find any others .

how reliable are the toms edition ? and do thay all go for that sort of price ?

Yeah you can take it that they're more expensive than a normal altezza, there was only 100 made so they're quite rare! How reliable are they? How long is a piece of string? If taken care of they're shouldnt be any problems with it, if you're out throwing it around round abouts and doing alot of drifting etc obviously a lot of work will be needed to keep her going but that'll be your own doing!

I've had my N/A one since Jan 08 and the only problems I've had so far are

General Servicing & maintenance (tyres etc) - needed in anything

Water pump & Timing Belt - when I was getting a service done the mechanic noticed a leak in the pump, not major but slight, just got it repaired anyway!

Shocks - rear passanger side shock shat itself so replaced the whole lot with coilovers. Its a 7 year old car so its to be expected though.

As long as you look after the car they're shouldnt be any problems. Its a toyota at the end of the day, they're pretty much bulletproof once looked after