Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I know someone asked a similar question before but i think they were after the IS-F but does anyone know where you can get hold of a Haynes manual or a CD with the repair manual on it (for IS 220D). Have done a bit of searching online and of course eBay but cant find anything?? anyone know of anywhere?

Also just as a by the way maybe i have too much time on my hands maybe my mind just likes to wonder, but driving along the other day and saw the start stop button while i was driving along at about 50............. now i dont want to try it call me a wimp but!!! What happens if you press it as your going along? does it cut the engine and all hell breaks loose or is there some kind of interlock to stop that happening? anyone been brave enough to test it.... not me!

Not sure about the manual, but I'd imagine if you hit the start/stop button while moving it'll switch the car off, in the same way as if you turned the key in any other car.

I know someone asked a similar question before but i think they were after the IS-F but does anyone know where you can get hold of a Haynes manual or a CD with the repair manual on it (for IS 220D). Have done a bit of searching online and of course ebay but cant find anything?? anyone know of anywhere?

Also just as a by the way maybe i have too much time on my hands maybe my mind just likes to wonder, but driving along the other day and saw the start stop button while i was driving along at about 50............. now i dont want to try it call me a wimp but!!! What happens if you press it as your going along? does it cut the engine and all hell breaks loose or is there some kind of interlock to stop that happening? anyone been brave enough to test it.... not me!

Thats as i thought with the stop button hence not being brave enough to try it!! was just thinking along the lines of even though its tucked out of the way its a bit easier to hit a button rather than turn a key.

Will have a try at finding somewhere that does CD's might well email one of the eBay shops and see if they can do anything if i have any luck i'll keep you posted in-case someone else wants one.

I know someone asked a similar question before but i think they were after the IS-F but does anyone know where you can get hold of a Haynes manual or a CD with the repair manual on it (for IS 220D). Have done a bit of searching online and of course ebay but cant find anything?? anyone know of anywhere?

I would imagine that nothing would happen, to be honest. That must have been thought of in the R&D phase, and it is not the first car with such a system. The ability to switch the engine off so easily (compared with the deliberate action of turning a key) could lead to very dangerous situations. Loss of power steering, loss of assistance with braking, etc etc.

Saying that, and my confidence in Lexus not to design a dangerous feature, I don't know if I'll be the first to try it on a motorway!

i have just tried to press the stop button whilst moving,the engine would'nt turn off,phew.

Interesting, I guess that makes sense as it is pretty easy to just press a button rather than if there was a key.

However, I'm assuming there must still be a way to switch it off in case of emergency like a fire or something? Or maybe it's still safer to stop the car first anyway :unsure:

i have just tried to press the stop button whilst moving,the engine would'nt turn off,phew.

Well your braver than me!! (either that or yours is a company car and mine isnt! :D )

i could just see myself pressing it and ending up in a cloud of rear tyre smoke locked up or with the back axle halfway down the road! :ohmy:

Well your braver than me!! (either that or yours is a company car and mine isnt! :D )

i could just see myself pressing it and ending up in a cloud of rear tyre smoke locked up or with the back axle halfway down the road! :ohmy:

i did it in a big empty car park at a local park,so not really risky at all.

FYI the left pedal in your car is clutch and by pressing it you would prevent this ;-)

:ohmy:

FYI the left pedal in your car is clutch and by pressing it you would prevent this ;-)

:ohmy: tut! where is your sense of adventure! using the clutch, where is the fun in that! :driving: