Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fresh Oil.

Just done the oil and filter on the car, forgot just how nice new oil is the cars silent now, just a pity the filters such a pain in the a :tsktsk: e to get at, anyway used 5w 30 fully synthetic magnatec (picked up cheap from Asda) and a Blueprint filter £7.20 delivered from Camskill so less than £20 for the change, i'm a very happy chappie at the mo :D

Did an oil/oil filter change on my IS200 3 weeks ago myself.

Mine cost me slightly more, as I use Eneos 5w-30 oil from Japparts (£29) and a OEM Toyota filter, with draining nut gasket (£9.50). Also fitted some new front discs and pads as well that I had sat in the boot since January.

Was going to get Eneos but then Hibbo put a thread up about the Magnatec at Asda for £6:30 for 2 litres, so I went and got 4litres of that instead. Whats the Eneos like? probably going to get that next time, did you get the fully synthetic?

The Blueprint is from Japan and designed off the OEM one, had a Mahle one last time round which was very good but because the Blueprint's from Japan decided to go with that instead.

Brought a few bottles from Asda so i'll be ok now for a few oil changes :whistling:

The filter is a right pain in the ***** though but helps with me having long arms and can reach it without removing any covers, but it always ends up running down the back of your arm and engine :o

Think its time to invest in a pump so i can drain from the dipstick hole :)

Will be doing my fluids again very soon with a few other bits i'm getting soon :)

That's a good deal on the oil you got from Asda.

Eneos 5w-30 oil is good IMHO, in terms of quality and price, it is fully synthetic oil. Eneos oil is owned by the Nippon Oil company, so I figured might as well as use Japanese oil in a Japanese car. I have been using Eneos 5w-30 since I have stopped using my main Lexus garage for servicing (been at least 3 years now), I have had no problems in using Eneos oil.

The Toyota oil filter is actually made by Denso, you'll find Denso supply parts to most Japanese car makers. My brother has a Honda Accord 2.2 Cdti Executive- most of the parts in the Accord are made by Denso.

4.1 litres for the IS but i've only ever put 4 litres in and it comes right up the dipstick to the full mark so don't think the extra .1 matters.

I got the last 2 at my local Asda if they had more I would of defo bought them.

Had to take the bracket off the side of the engine just so I could get both hands around the filter to turn it off without resorting to the old hammer and screwdriver trick.

Personnally I think if it's made in either Japan or Germany you can't really go wrong, my last 3 filters where OEM Denso, Mahle, and now Blueprint, and there's no noticable difference between the 3, granted I have only been around the block with the Blueprint one on. :P

U wont have any issues with the blueprint stuff mate. I've been using their parts for ages now on my civic and never had any issues. the oil filters are of very good quality and I used a blueprint filter on the lex when I put it on the road last week. Just a little tip tho mate, if you go to andrew page the filter is...are u prepared for a shock....£2.21! lol..the price may vary a tiny bit but will always be under £3. Seeing as ur in the north west there should be one within reach of u. I got my belt kit from andrew page as well and got that for the silly price of £77+vat this of course being a full blueprint kit and the belt that it came with was made in japan and of very high quality. I got the low price for the kit after asking them for a discount and saying that I was a member of the club. All this was purchased from andrew page stockport and I spoke to Mark.

My nearest Andrew Page is in Wigan, the Filter was £4.21 and £3 to post from Camskill so if you take into consideration it'd cost me about a fiver in juice to go and pick one up I might aswell be lazy and get it delivered :lol: good to know there cheap tho for other parts aswell tho.

Had to take the bracket off the side of the engine just so I could get both hands around the filter to turn it off without resorting to the old hammer and screwdriver trick.

By bracket, do you mean you removed the engine mount? How did you support the weight of the engine if you removed the bracket? I'd have used the old hammer and screwdriver trick, or even better an oil filter removal chain/strap.

Its a bit extreme IMHO to remove the engine bracket/mount to get to the oil filter.

Anyway, at least you got the job done.

whats the hammer and screwdriver trick then lads??

If you don't have a oil filter removal tool (chain/strap), then you can remove the old filter by tapping it off/sticking a screwdriver through the old filter and twisting it off. I'd be careful of using this method, as you can end up damaging the oil cooler/sump.

There's not really enough room in there to do the hammer and screwdriver method to be honest, don't think it was an engine mouting bracket but can't remember what it was bolted to would of thought if it was a engine mount it would be held on by more than 2 12mm bolts tho.

me do a oil and filter change every 3000 miles!yes i know i dont need too but the filter and the oil costs me nothing!!perks of the job!! :winky:

me do a oil and filter change every 3000 miles!yes i know i dont need too but the filter and the oil costs me nothing!!perks of the job!! :winky:

The only thing better than getting good quality oil cheap is getting good quality oil free, good on ya.

not lexus but good as............... work for toyota mate!toyota use castrol edge 5-30!

That's even better, I was going to get some of that until I saw the price of it :whistling: defo big perks in your job matey.

BTW did you get my PM reply? not sure if I sent it as the kids where doing my nut.

andy i got your email dude i'll have a look about tomorrow or monday workshop is really busy had to do 9 mots today along with various repairs.....nightmare!!!

Cool matey, better to be busy than bored fella.

ye the busyer i am the more bonus i make!!!so far 110%efficient if i'm still that at the end of the month thats a extra £750 in my wages!!!!!woop woop!!!

just as well my tte front bumper is at the bodyshop getting painted!!only costing me £60 though not bad for a full colour change!!