Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bubbling Alloys On My Is250

kddeane

MY IS 250 IS ONLY 2.5 YEARS OLD AND FOR THE PAST 6 MONTHS I'VE NOTICED THE alloys ARE BUBBLING.

I DON'T DO ANYTHING SPECIAL TO TREAT THEM - JUST CLEAN WITH SOAP AND WATER.

IS IT FEASIBLE TO HAVE THESE REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY AS THE CAR IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY?

I'VE NEVER ENCOUNTERED THIS PROBLEM WITH OTHER MODELS OF CAR IN THE PAST.

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

CHEERS

MY IS 250 IS ONLY 2.5 YEARS OLD AND FOR THE PAST 6 MONTHS I'VE NOTICED THE ALLOYS ARE BUBBLING.

I DON'T DO ANYTHING SPECIAL TO TREAT THEM - JUST CLEAN WITH SOAP AND WATER.

IS IT FEASIBLE TO HAVE THESE REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY AS THE CAR IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY?

I'VE NEVER ENCOUNTERED THIS PROBLEM WITH OTHER MODELS OF CAR IN THE PAST.

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

CHEERS

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING??

If the cars is still under warranty and the blistering in not near or caused by kerb damage, then they will be replaced without issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know where you are in Scotland but I have had a full set replaced by Lexus Glasgow and now need the rear ones replaced due to bubbling... 18month old car just turned 14,000 miles today..

Lexus are well aware of the issue and change them over no problem..

• 4 weeks later...
Don't know where you are in Scotland but I have had a full set replaced by Lexus Glasgow and now need the rear ones replaced due to bubbling... 18month old car just turned 14,000 miles today..

Lexus are well aware of the issue and change them over no problem..

Make sure they are done before the warranty expires though..... "I'm sorry sir, your car has done 60,300 miles and is outwith warranty"... :tsktsk:

They changed mine after 3.5 yrs and 45k miles.

Robert how come they changed them after 3.5 years old

i thought if out of warranty they dont replace them

I have purchased the extended warranty, and it states they will not replace wheels

I have also noticed one of them starting to bubble

I have only just purchased the warranty as the car is just 3 Years old and has Full Lexus Service history 3 services 31 k on clock,

I notice they still use the same company that made the IS200 wheels and they were a Std corrosion feature.

Should i go and have it out with them (Dealer see if they will replace)

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links