Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pioneer Head Unit

Hi all,

Fitted this head unit a while ago, and never got a pic up of it. Such a good quality sound, and has the lead for ipod running into the glove box.

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/s...13032009037.jpg

The head unit model number is DEH-P49002B, also fitted Vibe fronts (mids and tweeters) and some Vibe rear 6x9's but I've fitted them behind the original grills so no point taking pics.

Got a 300w JBL amp to fit over next few weeks to power the rear speakers, then just rattle hunting and thats the stereo sorted.

James

Looks nice, you should spray the little surround though then it would blend really well.

There's a walk through on here done by Wozza about getting the facia adapter to blend in with the rest of the dash, you should do that matey looks a million times better, i've not done it yet but it's defo on the list, i'll have a look and try and find it later if no one beats me to it. (gotta go out now otherwise i'd have look now)

Looks like the same head unit that I have !

Good radios, and I like the iPod connector.

Only problem I find is the radio tuning. The reading is like 98.1 rather that 98.10, and changing stations go up or down in odd numbers like 98.1 - 98.5 - 98.9 rather than normal 98.10 - 98.15 - 98.20 - 98.25 - ect.

Does yours do this ?

Looks like the same head unit that I have !

Good radios, and I like the iPod connector.

Only problem I find is the radio tuning. The reading is like 98.1 rather that 98.10, and changing stations go up or down in odd numbers like 98.1 - 98.5 - 98.9 rather than normal 98.10 - 98.15 - 98.20 - 98.25 - ect.

Does yours do this ?

To be honest mate, I don't use the radio that much. I got the main radio1 tuned in and the local drum and bass pirate radio 88.1 (worth a listen if your ever in Leeds).

Looks like we got same colour 200 as well. LOL! Quality head unit though, for the cash can't really go wrong.

James

On my Pioneer head unit (FH-P80BT, double-DIN) you can change the FM tuning step in the setup. It is 50 KHz (i.e. 98.10-98.15-98.20) for manual tuning on mine, but changes to 100 KHz when AF or TA is on (and then via setup you can change that back to 50 KHz). Don't know if yours is similar.