Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk 1 Sport - Spoiler Brake Light Failed.

I'm getting there with the few jobs my GS needed. :)

The high level brake light in spoiler isn't working, has anyone else had this problem.

I've just taken the light out, it was quite tricky, it was stuck in with two screws and black silicon sealant, is that normal?

I've traced the wires down to the boot, but not stripped out the lining yet, i'm guessing the wires are joined in at the brake light, has anyone stripped that down before?

Is it possible to buy a new LED cluster, has anyone replaced theirs?

Any help gratefully received.

Having tried to source one for a LONG time myself, I'd say your best bet is to have new LEDs soldered on to the light strip. Lexus could not get hold of a spoiler for me, or a light strip. Maybe a breakers yard?

I'd just re-solder some LEDs myself.

Having tried to source one for a LONG time myself, I'd say your best bet is to have new LEDs soldered on to the light strip. Lexus could not get hold of a spoiler for me, or a light strip. Maybe a breakers yard?

I'd just re-solder some LEDs myself.

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't get a replacement from Lexus either. I found a loose connection which got it lighting, but there are a couple of dull LEDs. I don't suppose anyone knows the spec of the LEDs? I'm guessing a 12V superbright clear red one?

For anyone else who looks, the earth went to a point on the body off the rear wing on the right hand side, the power comes was spliced in on the brake light power feed at the bulb failure sensor, which is mounted in the same wing.